.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, 15 May 2009

What is going on?

I have no idea if I have ovulated this month. I have used - get this - 18 OPK's in the last 9 days. Oh yes, 2 a day and yesterday I took delivery of 30 more!
Husband and I have been good this month as I had a 30 day cycle last month so with that in mind we went for it on the following days: cd 9,11,12,14,16,17,19 & 20 - 20 being last night. You'd think I'd be shattered but in fact I've more energy than husband.
Now anyone would think that a girl on a 30 day cycle would be covered with the dates above but to add to my misery, I awoke this morning with what felt like mild AF cramps and my boobs have been tingly/a little sensitive all day. Whilst shopping for a new clothes line this afternoon I could of sworn someone set my nipples on fire. Oh but wait there's more:



This is what I got at 16:00 this afternoon (40 mins ago). In the shot it looks like a grey line but in real life there's a spot of pink on that fat line (oh if only it were a pg test huh?).
I'm not sure what to think right now. Is it a faulty test (it was in the bundle of 20 OPKs and 30 HPTs for £7.50) OR should I trust the result and assume that I haven't yet ovulated and that all the sex in the last 11 days was a waste of time (in the TTC sense of course, I'd never call sex with husband a waste of time!).
If anyone has a knack for disecting these tests then please let me know your thoughts.

In other news, husbands' dad rang up not long after we got in earlier to tell us they're ready for their holiday to Slovenia tomorrow and to let me know the update with husbands nan. Since Monday when we saw her she has deteriorated somewhat and the matron at the home where she is now staying has said that watching her over the last 2 weeks she has taken a big nosedive downwards. Now we've been expecting news such as this for a while, and on Monday when we saw her husband was shocked and upset a little to see her so frail and gaunt. She has a growth above her stomach that the hospital have no doubt is cancerous but with her being 88 and so frail they can't do anything for her except make her comfy in the care home she now resides.
Anyway I suggested to FIL that he should call the home and give him my mobile and our home land line numbers. If anything is to happen in the next 7 days whilst the inlaws are enjoying Eastern Europe then I'd rather the home call us here and we can whizz over to his nan in 30 mins. We don't care if it's 3am, we want to be notified if she's taken a turn for the worse so we can be there with her in the last moments. I've no doubt husband will be in pieces and don't get me wrong, I love Rose like she's my own nan (both my parents' mothers died when I was 6 & 13) but I feel I'll be the stronger one in times of need so we've made that decision.
The inlaws don't want any calls to them unless it's really dire circumstances and in some small way I can understand. They were told today when they visited that there's no point in cancelling their holiday as Rose may be here still in 2/3 weeks (that's how ill she is, weeks is all they say she has). They'll only be a 2 hr flight and a 2 hour drive from the airport.
I'm hoping and praying that none of the above will be necessary and that Rose will be here for weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. hey missy, thats a negative test !! if it gets darker over the next day or so then u will ovulate.....or......you ovulated this morning or thru the night and missed it with a stick.
    I too done tons....but opk is not like hpt. Even faint lines are negative...only suepr strong ones the same as the control line is pos.
    Try again tomorrow - this may be a longer cycle again. If u have ovulated u have it well covered....if not then keep going :).
    xx

    ReplyDelete