Husband and I spent 6 hours at the nursing home yesterday. His brother and sil stayed way longer than we thought as he is close to their gran and he said before we made our trip there that he didn't think he'd be able to cope with seeing her.
Husbands' folks also arrived mid afternoon so we all sat and talked to his gran, talked and told stories amongst ourselves so she could here the family surrounding her.
It was warm yesterday, maybe the warmest day of the year so far, reaching around 23dc outside and the room we were in was so hot and stuffy yet his gran was wrapped in blankets.
At around 6pm husband and I left as he was too upset after seeing them come and see to her after she vomited. She had no ability to move, talk, look around so it was very upsetting to witness. We both said goodbye to her. I was so proud of husband for being strong yesterday. We left his folks there and arrived home around 7pm, where I managed to get him to eat some salad and lasagne.
8pm the phone rang, it was my Father in Law. She had gone. His folks had literally just got home themselves too so the nursing home just caught them on the phone.
There's no more suffering for his gran now. She is with her husband who sadly passed away more than 30 years ago. We are all very sad but we know that she is at peace and the fact thather family were sat with her in her final hours makes us all feel a little better.
Rest in peace now Rose.. you'll be missed so much xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so sorry for your loss...
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry. Hold your husband tight.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for you and your husband's loss =(
ReplyDelete