.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, 2 May 2009

Strangers in the night

Mr Sinatra has left the building.

Last week husband swapped shifts. We both work at the same place albeit not in the same department so we rarely see each other during the working day. We travel to anf from work together and maybe catch each other on lunch but that's it. A few months ago his boss said that there would be an opportunity to change to blue shift (as opposed to reds.. original eh?)so he took it knowing that there is far more prospects in his dept on blues. Red shift is full of stalwarts who have been there since the year dot and aren't going anywhere, thus this is frustrating for husband as it's a one out one in kinda place. They don't promote unless that position has been vacated.
I had my reservations about this change. I was thinking we would never see each other and that all the pressure of TTC would be affected by it. When I'm on shift for the 4 days, he is at home being a man of leisure and the last thing I want when I get home after being on my feet in wellington boots for 12 hrs is jump in the sack.. and visa versa.
Folk (mainly work colleagues we are friendly with) have voiced concerns of the change and that it won't work and that it'll affect our relationship (they are genuine concernss) and that it'll affect our plans to fall pregnant again but we were both consumed with the thought that red shift was the wrong place for him and that he should swap asap, it has finally hit home.

I believe the phrase 'ships in the night' may come into play soon.

I love time to myself. I love me time. I love being at home on my own to potter about, clean, paint my nails, listen/watch whatever without criticism but truth be told after these last 4 days of being on my Jack Jones (alone) I miss my husband. I am so used to us having the 4 days off work together that it's knocked me sideways a little. We normally start the 4 off by cleaning on the first day, out to buy food/various bits on the second, out for a day on the third then home and chill out on the fourth. I love our new house but it's a big empty place when it's just Tess and I in it 12 hrs a day 4 days a week.

Hindsight is a terrible terrible thing.

Oh, I just want to clarify that in no way am I not bothered about Swine Fever. Comments made on my prev post were in jest. I said from the start that I would never apologise for what I say in my own blog. I'm not apologising here but I wanted to set the record straight. I'm sad for the current loss of life due to this disease and I hope it refrains from taking more precious lives.

Changing the topic greatly, I cut the grass this afternoon and this is what I was left with:




I swear my dog's pee is pure acid. I saw a programme on the BBC a few weeks ago about Ethiopia and the volcanic landscape it holds. A great insight into what is logged as the hottest place on Earth. There are pure acid lakes and it's not even worth entertaining the idea of measuring PH but boy, this is nothing in comparison with what comes out of Tess! She had a hysterectomy 2 years ago due to enduring the disease Pyametra and I was told it would lower the scale of turf destroying but this not the case. We brought Dog Rocks last summer, 2 peices of slate like rock that go in her water bowl to dilute the acidity but alas, they were as much use as a chocolate teapot. We've only been in the house 8 weeks and husband is concerned there's be no grass left at this rate. She's old - almost 13 - so I shouldn't complain as she's having a good life and how can you be mad at this face?




On a better scale, she hasn't managed to kill the plants and the plant I brought a few weeks ago and which sits on a previous blog is thriving. I cannot for the life of me find the name of it so if anyone out there green fingers like me but can recall the name, then please enlighten me!


3 comments:

  1. hey honey-pie, gr8 blog !!!
    Just as well u didnt apologise for what u wrote on your blog...i dnt know whats happened, ill look in a mo, but its ur blog and u say what u want !! yay !. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL our lawn looks pretty much the same as yours as we have 3 dogs! I'm trying to teach them to 'go' in one place but failing miserably at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you and your honey find a rythem (for lack of a better word) soon and are able to spend some time together.

    Don't apologize - it's your blog - write what you want!!!!

    ReplyDelete