.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, 8 May 2009

A good idea at the time....

Lately I have noticed I have become rather lethargic. Work takes its toll obviously but I have become so tired even when I am off shift that I thought I should do something to remedy the fatigue. I purchased some multi vitamins with Iron from the well know family health shop and thought it might make a difference.
However, I never realised Iron can indeed affect the digestive system so in the 2 days I started to take these vitamins I noticed I was not visiting the loo as often as is the norm. (apologies if you're eating breakfast).
After asking some friends and using my friend g.oogle I found that indeed, too much Iron can .. how can I put it gracefully.. bung you up. It's been awful. There's an ad on the telly for a well know laxative brand where this woman just puts each meal into her handbag instead of eating it, thus giving the impression she gets fuller and fuller.. you catch my drift. Well I haven't quite reached her status and plus I haven't a handbag big enough but last night enough was enough so I took a couple of pills to 'get me going' again. I'm still waiting for the desired effects 13 hours later lol.

I've a big box of All.Bran in the cupboard and I've been drinking peppermint tea all morning and I've relented and taken another dose of these tablets. We're off to collect car later (it's been in for repairs due to the front suspension breaking) and I'm hoping that I don't get the desired effects from these laxatives whilst in the taxi to get there!
I've stopped taking the Iron pills, I haven't had them for 3 days but it seems they're lingering in there somewhere.

On a brighter note, 2 days til our first wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast the year has gone. This time last year it was sweltering too. It peaked at 32dc on our big day. It was a little too hot I might add esp for poor husband who was in his suit. We are celebrating our day with a trip to London. We're going my train (I never ever drive into the big smoke) and husband is taking me for lunch and then on the London Eye. This is something I've wanted to do for a while but we never got the chance. Let's pray for decent weather on Sunday.

My thermometer arrived yesterday along with a mammoth number of OPK's and HPT's. All for the tidy sum of £7.50. A bargain in my eyes. I poas yest lunchtime and got a slight pink line on the OPK so fingers crossed I stay on a 30 day cycle and I'm about to Ovulate. We took advantage of our lazy day yesterday and worked up an appetite ready for dinner. Only with what's going on with my system at present I can't really decipher if this niggle in my right side is OV pain or my intestines getting their groove on. Time will tell. I'm going to use the OPK's for the next week and see if I get the result I'm desperately hoping to see.

Now excuse me.... I'm off to see a man about a colonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment