
We arrived to collect our tickets and we were offered the upgrade of a champagne 'flight' with a glass (or 2) of bubbly and some truffles.. who could say no to that? so we took the opportunity as it was a special day and with 6 others, we were chaperoned to our semi private 'capsule'. Now normally there is anything up to 25 in a capsule so to have just 6 was great.. and quiet! We had a fantastic panoramic view of the capital in all its glory. There wasn't a cloud in the sky so we got great shots views such as this....


I had to get this shot of her Majestys' residence. I'm not sure if she was home (probably out back enjoying the sun).

A pic of us taken by the guide on the way up:

Afterwards husband took me to Covent Garden where we shopped a little and I was treated to something I was not expecting at all. A Radley Bag. Now, to some this may not seem a big deal but I've wanted a handbag large enough for all my misc crap for a long while but these bags are not cheap so I was chuffed beyond belief when husband took me into the shop and told me to pick one! I'll get a picture of it up soon. I treated him to a Fossil watch for his anniversary present and after spending way too much time on the Underground than is humane, we came home at tea time looking the worse for wear

We grabbed a bite to eat, brought a bottle of champers and had an early night. I've been itching to wear my latest Ann Summers clobber and last night seemed the perfect opportunity.
One catch - Husband sometimes feels that I only want sex when I know I am/could be Ovulating. I reassure him (well I try) but I don't think I'm selling it too well. Must be my pitch. It's the age old problem.. we've been trying for 7 months now since I miscarried in Sept 08 (before I fell pregnant last summer we'd been trying for 18 months) so it does get a little mechanical. Also, I must add.. being caught applying PreSeed is a passion killer - No really!
Congrats to Ibis who got her BFP a few days ago. Here's to a healthy and sticky pregnancy.

Sounds like an awesome day! Happy first anniversary. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect way of celebrating your first anniversary!!! Congrats by the way =)
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Carolyne.
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! That sounds like a wonderful day.
It is hard to get around the mechanical feeling of babymaking sex sometimes. I don't think I have a solution to that, but I do think that talking about it is good. GL
I wanted to go on the eye when I was in england, but the line was long and it gave me a good excuse, with my fear of heights and all. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I know my DH feels used around this time of the month. Hopefully, it is not necessary much longer!
ReplyDelete