I was fast asleep last night when at 11:30pm I heard my mobile ring. It was downstairs so I ran to get it but it rang off. On there was a message from the nursing home that husbands gran is residing. She has deteriorated greatly. They didn't realise that husbands folks were back from their holiday yesteday afternoon so we were the first point of call. The next hour or so was filled with sending text messages and phone calls to his parents and trying to get hold of his brother. Calls so late at night are always surprising so there's no doubt it was serious.
His folks have gone to sit with her all night and have recently text me saying they're going home to get some sleep.
It doesn't look good. His gran is non responsive to people and the meds so it's a matter of hours. Husband has called in work and wants to go sit with her today. I've contacted my brother in law and his wife saying they can meet us there or follow us in the car if they want to come with us (it's an 45 min drive for us both). I think it's vey important that his gran be surrounded by the people she loves in her final hours. I know it's what I would desperately want. I feel there may only be regrets if we don't go. His parents say it's not nessecary - To that I'm dumbfounded.
We've been anticipating this day for a few years now, and now that it's here, it all seems too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awww bless honey !
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and Matt !
Thinking of you !. xx
Times like these are always hard. I hope the hours go by quickly so gran can finally rest. I'm sure she'll be able to sense the love coming from you all being there with her. Big hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear that she's not doing well. You're doing the right thing by being there. Thinking of you...
ReplyDelete