.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, 21 December 2009

Worrying scan

Well I eventually got into have my scan after waiting for an hour, only to be told I'd need an internal as they couldn't see much.
After much prodding with dildo cam she confirmed I am 6 weeks PG by what she saw ((phew)) and the pregnancy is where it should be but what came next really put me on edge.

The senior consultant came to see me afterwards and says there is a growth of some sort in my left tube. They don't know what it is as it is so small and they can't treat it at the moment. They mentioned that there's a chance 2 eggs were released during OV and both were fertilized yet only one made it to my womb leaving the other sat in my tube. If this is the case it's extremely rare as normally both eggs would travel to the womb and thus Fraternal twins would be formed.. WTF? If this is the case then it's an ectopic.

I was a bit gobsmacked to be honest. I asked what we do next and he says nothing. NOTHING!
I'm to go back for a 8 wk scan on 4th Jan to see if the 'foreign body' has grown/moved and to check the PG is still viable. I am worried that whatever is there may be taking all the baby's needs iykwim but they don't seem concerned however they're quite happy for me to come home and see what happens! If I experience any severe pain or bleeding then I need to rush to hospital.
It explains to pains I had during last week but they can't give me any meds.

I am worried as you can imagine as there is something in my left tube that shouldn't be there and nothing is being done about it. Roll on 4th Jan.

Anyway I went back to work at 2pm but after speaking to my big boss, I've been sent home and they want me to get signed off til my scan is done but the dr won't do it till 7 days has passed so I have to self certificate. I'm not bothered but if I have the sicknote from the GP at least work have the 'proof' something is wrong as there are select few there who think I'm just milking it to have xmas off!

I have to point out here that Xmas is rapidly approaching (did you not get the memo?). How fun would it be come down in severe pain and or bleeding over the festive period and be rushed to A&E huh? Still, the inlaws would be here to feed the dog. All joking aside I'm petrified so I'm doing nothing, nada, zilch, sod all for the next week or so. I hav to food sop with husband but I can get him to push the trolley. I'll just pay.


So I ask you all to think good vibes and whatever it is in my tube to stay put, not grow and leave my baby alone! But it's strange to think it could of been twins!

The health service here sucks sometimes. I pay my national insurance dammit, the least they could do is use that 15 years worth of payments to treat me! Bastards.

5 comments:

  1. Ectopic is one of my big fears. To get all this way and then poof.

    I will send good vibes over the pond that all will be well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. But I am happy your LO is measuring on track. You will be in my prayers and I hope January 4th is nothing but a huge sigh of relief for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just take it easy, lady! I remember watching the hours go by before my first scan, waiting for the day. It's hard, but soon enough you'll be 8 wks. Just take it little by little, focus on the time past rather than the time remaining.
    I'm sending lots of T&P for you and LO! Have DH do it all, and just relax. Sending you hugs, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I'm sorry you had to leave your scan with that kind of worry.

    But despite everything, I still have great faith in the human body that it is generally pretty good at pregnancy. Hang in there... Jan 4 is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really hoping that everything looks good on 4 Jan and that time flies between now and then

    ReplyDelete