.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 8 December 2009

What a day!

A lot has happened in the last 24 hours. They say things come in 3's. Well yesterday was proof of that.

  1. I turned 29
  2. Husband was reassured his job is safe
  3. We discovered we're pregnant!
Yesterday morning at 8am I left work and thought sod it, I want a drink tonight to drown my sorrows so I did what any sane woman would do, I picked up a couple of HPT's on the way home to prove that yes, drinking was allowed this month.
I got home, pottered about whilst husband lay in slumber upstairs. I fed the dog, made a cuppa and tidied around then went for a wee.
I used one of the tests and put it down as I have done so many times in the last 4.5 years and walked away. However, when I had finished washing my hands I noticed it.. a line. Surely not!
No squinting required. Sure it was faint but it was defintaley there. I woke husband who proclaimed Happy Birthday.. Happy birthday indeed I thought. He saw it, he tried not go get too excited as we were at this stage in Feb.
I put the stick on my bed side cabinet (classy stuff) and climbed in to bed.

4 hours later, I woke and pee'd.. using the second test and there was an equally faint line. Could it be I thought?
I got showered and dress and husband took me out for a birthday dinner and all we could talk about was 'what if'. I tried to curb his enthusiasm a bit, explaining that as the tests I'd used were T.escos own I'd feel more re assured if it were a line on a well known brand.
So after nearly bringing my chicken in spaghtetti back up whilst paying the bill off we trudged to the shop for more tests.
I got a C.learBlue basic test pack of 2.

We got home, I snoozed for an hour as I was due to work at 8pm and when I woke I pee'd on the stick and low and behold that beautiful line appeared. I was so shocked I sat on the loo and sobbed (again, classy stuff). I showed husband and declared that we are indeed pregnant and we hugged, cried and stood staring at each other for a while. Shocked? us? never!

I went to work, came home 3 hours later feeling naff and slept better than I have for weeks. I did the other test this morning



I have called the DR's as I was due in for minor surgery today to get a mole removed. The nurse says it's a big no no and has cancelled the appt. I am now booked in for 13:20pm to confirm our results. I hope that now we have moved town that my care is better than last time. I friend who is 18 weeks also uses this practices and she says they are great so here's hoping.
I'm a little crampy and very anxious/nervous/on edge. Worry is a bit thing on my mind right now.

In other good news:

Husband was called yesterday by his big chief and although there are reduncies on site.. he is safe. Phew!

That was the best birthday ever! It even beats my 9th when I got these:

4 comments:

  1. OMG! What a fab birthday present. See, it wasn't so bad turning 29. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, Congrats! I am so happy for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God!!! I'm so happy or you, congratulations!! That is just fantastic!! I can't wait to hear details of your appt, I'll be stalking your blog even more so now!!
    Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete