.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, 31 December 2009

Happy New Year


2009 is coming to a close. In just under 2 hours the year will end and we ring in 2010. This year had been somewhat challenging for not only my husband and I but for so many others. These folk include fellow bloggers, personal friends and those I chat with on the board. I am thinking of everyone who has faced struggles this year.

This time last year I was starting to recover slowly from the miscarriage I'd endured 3 months prior. It took a lot of self energy and support from so many folk but eventually I found a way of moving on. It seemed to be right around the year mark this past September.

This year I was also forced to relocate my blog after some so called 'friends' showed their true colours. Such a shame but now I realise that the move was a good thing. I left the old blog behind and started afresh and look where it got me. My BFP on my Birthday this month!
I am forever indebted to those who have been supportive around me though, in person and in the land of t'internet. So thank you.
I hope 2010 bring health, happiness and prosperity to all. There are those who need it desperately and I hope they find it.

A fellow PAMster revealed this evening that at her 8 week scan today they found no heartbeat. She now faces seeing in the new year knowing she'll miscarry at any time. My heart goes out to her. The thing is, it really hits home.
I have been feeling so positive about this pregnancy lately. What with my nausea at a peak, my boobs creating chaos and feeling generally poor. Still, it makes me think that at any point it could all go wrong. I hit the 8 week mark this coming Monday and I think I may become a little anxious as not only do recent events make things seem so fragile but my MMC was at 8 weeks. I miscarried 4 weeks later.

Still, I will try in earnest to think postive. Husband is feeling positive. He worries about me naturally and scolds me if I do something I feel is to trivial, such as move the coffee table back to it's home after he has had a thrash on the XBox. I know to take it easy. I have been signed off by my GP unitl the 6th Jan wholst I await my scan on Monday. My GP is wonderful and is so understanding. A far cry from previous care. I can't fault the are I've so far in this pregnancy. Here's to it continuing into 2010.

Dates to rememeber:
  • 4th Jan - 8 week scan and check up
  • 7th Jan - Book in appt with midwife
  • 15th Jan - Appt with Occ Health dr at work and discuss internal transfer to desk job
  • 1st Feb - 12 week scan
January seems to becoming a busy month and I hope it flies by so I can get to 1st Feb quick sharpish.

Yesterday I suffered the same pain I had in November shortly before our trip to Scotland. It starts with what feels like trapped wind high up near my breastbone and as the hours pass it works it's way down to by lower gut area. It is possibly the worst (physical) pain I've endured, with exception of my miscarriage pains.
I had some peppermint tea.. nothing. I had a Colpermin.. nothing. I had a warm bath and still no relief so I went to bed and within 5 minutes I was on all 4's in bed trying to get relief by being in a weird position. I got up, walked about, got a back rub from husband but it was no good. I was on the brink of calling NHS direct to seek help when I got back into bed, had a sip of water and shut my eyes. 10 mins passed according to husband and I was awake again in agony. Going to the loo didn't help as I thought it would. I was in so much pain. Somehow it started to dissipate over the next hour and I managed to fall asleep.
I woke at 4am still in some pain and it's been with me most of today, only in the last few hours has it almost gone. I still have the occasionally sharp twinge. I have no idea what it is. I mentioned it to the dr today and she advised me to take the colermin and if it gets worse to call them up. She feels it may be connected with my IBS. I made the mistake of googling my sysmptoms and one thing repeatedly appeared: Ulcer. I won't take this in too much buit if it come back a third time I shall call NHS direct so they can advise me as it always seems to come in the evening.

Back on the topic of new years, I truly wish you all a very happy new year. May 2010 bring news of arrivals (such as Lore and Ibis) and pregnancy news for those still waiting for thier chance.
Whatever your plans tonight, may it be a relaxed, safe and warm occasion. I am on my own as Husband felt the need to get out. I don't mind at all. Being signed off I don't want to be in the pub til all hours and be seen by colleagues. Our workplace is the main employer of our town and I know I'd see someone who would take it upon themselves to tittle tattle. Anyway, I don't feel up to it and I've just had a LUSH bath and a tub of Ben and Jerrys is calling my name. I am starting to eat a little more now. I couldn't eat lunch (jacket spud) and struggled to eat dinner (pork with veg and mash) but certain things appeal. Unfortunately they are mostly junk food.

Anyway - Happy new year to you all

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you as well. We're looking at a quiet evening at home with sparkling wine for DH and sparkling cider (NA, of course!) for me. Probably somewhere around 11 as that lately seems to be the hour when I turn into a zombie.

    I am hoping for only good news this year for everyone I know online and off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Carolyne, wishing you a lovely pregnancy and health baby for 2010!

    ReplyDelete