.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, 27 December 2009

Well that's it for another year

I can't believe I am 7 weeks tomorrow. Time has flown! Here's hoping the next 7 days go as fast so I can get that 8 week scan done to confirm the blockage in my left fallopian tube has dissolved or does not pose a risk.
I finally brought some sea bands. Not the kind I wanted however as apparently the pharmacy believe folk don't get travel sick in winter so I had to get standard velcro ones from the supermarket. Still, I'll try them tomorrow as the nausea is getting worse. It comes in waves. I tried my best to eat my xmas dinner on Friday but I could only eat half. Bummer. Food is becoming an issue. I am hungry yet NOTHING appeals.. except crumpets. Aaaahhh crumpets







I also have an issue with my left boob. My areola is so swollen that husband is concerned. It's almost as though it's trying to morph into my nipple. Weird huh? I'll ask the DR next Monday if it continues. It doesn't hurt perse, as my boobs hurt in general however my left nipple area in particular is rather tender.
This all reminds me I am pregnant and for that I am happy.

So Christmas passed without any drama. Until today.

I brought a satnav for husband and he loved it. However after switching it on twice we realised it didn't work. Typical. So this morning once the inlaws had left we ventured into town to change it. However when we got to the shop, the car park was a tad icy and husband skidding all over the place until we came to rest.. wrapped around a pole.
No need to panic, we are both fine as we were only travelling around 10 mph but the car suffered. The right wing above the wheel arch is severly caved in. We couldn't turn the steering wheel as the plastic cover inside the wheel arch had turned in so husband got a screwdriver from the shop and bashed it enough to get us the 15 miles home. The staff were not very helpful, even though we wer eon their premises at the time but they have this awful disclaimer about using and parking at your own risk. Cocks.

So we went in and got our money back on the dodgy satnav and came home where husband got a hammer and knife and did some makeshift repairs on the car so it's safe to drive. It's going to cost us £400 at least. Marvellous.
We did go back out afterwards though where I got my seabands and we went for a coffee (decaf cappucino for me) and a panini.

Having the inlaws over for xmas wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I was a bit surprised when MIL declared they'd be staying for 2 nights but truth be told, it was nice to have the company.

I got a fancy new toaster from husband. I've been after one for months since my last one kicked it. Waiting for toast under a grill makes me mad so I now had an all singing all dancing 4 rack toaster. More room for possible the most delicious food product in the world... Crumpets!

2 comments:

  1. Cars wrapping around poles...never a good thing. But it's WONDERFUL that you are feeling sick. I have the same waves of nausea at 8 weeks 3 days. And need daily reminders that it's a good thing. So here's your reminder. YAY!! Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even at 10mph that's scary! Glad you were unscathed - but shame on the shop for not properly clearing their lot.

    Other than that, your Christmas sounds very nice. Hope the nausea gives way soon!

    ReplyDelete