.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, 13 August 2009

Saute Shrimp anyone?

I have continued to feel under the weather these last few days.

Yesterday I woke (after another long sleep - boy I must need it) and went to pee and caught sight of myself as I went to wash my hands. WTF?

Imagine if you will, child gets a piece of paper, grabs a red felt pen and randomly splats the paper with dots until not a lot of white remains. This is what my cheeks and chin were like. Plus, I noticed I'd developed 3 blisters on my top lip and just under it. Yuk. I'm starting to resemble Mr Gumps's good chum.
I called the GP.. No appts available. I googled blisters, and shut the page down when the word Herpes appeared.
So I spent the day gingerly drinking water and trying to eat but I've lost the appetite and the blisters are painful to let anything pass my lips.

I woke this morning about 30 min ago with the intention of gettig into the GP today but they have nothing but the nurse was going to call me back. Crikeys, she's a bloody good nurse to diagnose over the phone!
She has told me it sounds like a virus but if I'm run down then the blisters will appear and I'll feel worse. Yes I'm run down.. how long you got and how long's the peice of parer in your hand? (the one not covered in red ink)
She recommends rest, not to go to work on Sat if I feel like I do and to drink copius amounts of COLD water and take paracetamol.

For the record, I've never had a cold sore in my life. I don't get them (along with nosebleeds)so I'd be shocked it all of a sudden I do from now on. I'm told you either have the herpes 'gene' in you or not.
I told Husband last night if it is herpes then he's got some explaining to do.. he was not amused. Fair enough.

D, if you read this.. maybe you can diagnose too and we can compare yours to the nurse I'm waiting for. Symptoms as follows:

- sore throat on the right side and moves under towards the front under my chin
- pain around my right ear
- sodding great blisters on my lip (only the right side at present)
- achy and lethargic3
- a need to get on a boat and go shrimping

Ok, so I made the last one up

I haven't got a temp which is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely terrible. I can't believe that you are not able to get into the doctor especially since you have never had a flair up like this before.

    I really hope you feel better soon. Get plenty of rest until you are able to see someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe. I'm replying from my fone whilst in blackpool. Yay.
    Defo sounds to me like ur run down. Have u been working a lot lately. ??
    The sore throat sounds viral and defo the fact u have blisters. I have never had one either.
    I think also the fact ur shattered means u have pushed urself too far.
    U will need to rest up, but if it doesn't clear soon then get to the doc for def. Xx xx

    ReplyDelete