.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, 29 August 2009

Reflex it up baby!

After getting our results the other evening I spoke to a friend I work with. I use this term loosely for 1 reason.

I believe one struggles to find friends at work. Aquaintences yes, but a true friend? That's a tricky one.
Over the years I've worked in various places and I can honestly say that in the 12 years since working I've made 1 true friend. Someone I call a mate who I tell pretty much everything to, see reguarly, have to support me and vica versa.
Don't get me wrong, I've worked with some great folk over the years and I've socialised/met up and built a trusting relationship with lots of them but there's a limit as to what I can tell those I work with.
For example, my boss is a cock - plain and simple. No ifs and buts. He's a cock. However, I swim twice a week with his wife and we get on rather well. She asks reguarly how things are going with TTC and I give her the standard issue comment: Things are going ok. You can see that she wants more info, she starts to fish for it but I rarely bite and often end up curtly telling her that I'd rather not talk about it anymore. Lovely girl as she is, she can get a little too curious. (It doesn't help that she is married to my boss and I've little trust of folk so she probably spills it all to him.)
This is a process with a lot of people in my work establishment. There are a lot of folk I get on really well with and since my Miscarriage started at work last September, practically everyone knows husband and I's business. All 300 odd folk on site.
Anyway, I can see this relationship with the afore mentioned blooming.

I really have gone off on a tangent here...

This 'friend' works in the Human Resources Dept. Lovely person. We get on really well in work (she supports all the personnel issues I have with my staff) and we try to catch up outside work where possible. Yesterday upon hearing about our results, she mentioned that I should look into reflexology.
There are ladies on BC that have reflexology reguarly and swear by it but in the past I've thought of it as a load of codswallop.
So she forwarded on the name of a local lady who practices reflexology. This woman is about a 10 minute drive away so it's real close and charges £25 a session. I believe this is a fair price so I've emailed her to see if she can fit me in next Saturday.
She has a disclaimer in her web site statign that she cannot confirm she has a positive effect on those TTC but previous clients have different opinions, one claiming to have fallen pregnant within the 2 months of seeing this woman.

Now I don't for one moment believe that this woman will be able to perform this miracle but I truly feel that it may help me relax. I'm so fed up with that let down around the end of my cycles. That familiar twinge in my stomach telling me it's over for another month, that little snap at husband because he didn't put my shampoo back in the basket in the bathroom.

If anyone has experience of reflexology and would like to share them, please do.. positive and negatives please - I need to know what I'm getting myself into.

In other news, I did another OPK yesterday afternoon and got a blindingly dark line. Sadly, it was to no avail as there was no bedroom activity last night.

I've booked our trip to York for next week. We love the place and his folks have agreed to look after Tessa for the night so we get a break. One night it may be, but it'll be good to get away and it's only a 2.5 hr drive away.
It's a shame that my father and I are still not in communitcations with one another as York is his home and it's been far far too long since I've seen him/spoken to him. However, you never know. 16 years ago I went to stay with him and whilst shopping one day with him I came across a girl I went to school with. At this point I lived further south with my mother, 4 hrs away from York. Still, I'd no idea she was visiting the city - what can I say, it's a small world so you never know. (Not that husband would appreciate seeing my father for he can't stand the man).

2 comments:

  1. I've not done reflexology but i am all for trying new things. If a placebo works it doesn't matter if it is actually the idea of it that did the trick as long as the outcome is the same.

    (And you can guarantee that your swimming partner will tell her husband.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not done reflexology either, although I did consider it. I changed my mind when I found out that we are dealing with MF infertility but, if I was you, I'd give it a go (looking forward to reading your experience).

    ReplyDelete