.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, 14 August 2009

How to feel better?

I'm feeling so down. Almost to the point of breaking down.. constantly. It's all catching up with me and Sept 23rd is rapidly approaching.

To cheer myself up I've been remembering a few happy occasions posted a pic of Tessa enjoying her birthday a couple of weeks ago. Some have called me crazy for celebrating my dogs' special day but I am childless so I'll spoil her all I want. Besides, she turned 13 so I believe she deserves the right to be spoilt rotten.
We brought her some quality sausages and a new toy. She knew what was going on.




Another couple of photos that always bring a smile to my face:




And my nephews - Aged 7 born 1 week apart:



Tomorrow is the first day of my shift. History shows that the first day back is not only manic but absolute choas. I have no idea what's gone on in the last 4 days. At least when I'd mid shift I know what to expect the next day. Tomorrow I'll arrive at 06:30 and will no doubt walk into a mess. It's just one of the things.
I still have next to no energy. I haven't hoovered or cleaned the bathroom as I normally do. The ironing awaits in the basket. However the blisters are subsiding and my face has calmed down.
Not sure how much work I'll be able to do for the next shift, given I feel it was last shift that was the final push over the edge to feeling how I have done.

Let me explain about my job. I run a dept of 45 (along with my counterpart) and they are a handful. It's a large mix of race and culture, some have issues with me being a woman in charge and some have mass problems with each other (mainly those from the Eastern Block). I have the constant list of wage queries, holiday requests, disciplinaries and so on. It's a big team and it's constant. Along with this I have to ensure the dept runs efficiently and productively each day to complete the orders. We're talking the preperation of approx 25 tonnes of salad & veg each day. (trying to fathom that amount of lettuce still gives me a headache 5 years after working there).
On a typical day (and all last week) I can be seen hauling 20kg bags of onions and the like around. Something you may say I shouldn't do but if I don't, things will go amiss. It's that age old phrase 'If you want it done right....... '
We'll see tomorrow.

Husband has gone bowling with some colleagues but I declined for the obvious reason and the fact that I have to be up at 6am and I don't fancy getting tonight gone midnight.

5 comments:

  1. Awwww... such cute photos. We always celebrate our dog's birthday with some treats and toys. :) Happy belated to Tessa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Tessa!

    I know what you mean about your job I frequently find myslef doing lifting carrying tasks that aren't my 'job' but mneed to be done, and who else will ... arghhh! (Hopefully we'll both have a reason to stay away from the heavy lifting soon).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful pictures. Good for you for using them to try to cheer you up. I need to remember to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We celebrate our dogs birthdays as well! Gotta remember the fur babies birthdays!!!! Love the wedding pictures!!

    ReplyDelete