.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, 28 August 2009

Finally.. some good news

...Although NOT the good news you, me and a lot of other folk are waiting for.

I feel like I haven't posted for an age. It seems that although I'm on my PC most evenings, I had run out of things to blog about. It was all the same old shit:

I'm sad/blue/angry/jealous/upset/stressed - ALL THE FLAMING TIME!

So, to the news.

Back in July husband and I went to the FC and were given the nod to have the bloods and SA done. When yesterday I still had no letter/call from the hospital with any results I called them. Turns out an appt was free at 8pm last night. The conversation went along the lines of:
"8pm? are you sure? because I don't want Mr C and I to drive the 30 minutes, try to park in the city centre only to be told it was an error and 8pm is no time to coming to a general appt."

I was assured it was legit so I text husband and we arranged to go after he returned from work. We'd grab a bite to eat on the way (which turned out to be a McD's unfortutaley and boy did we regret it).

So, the results are in and are as follows:

Me: ALL, and I mean all my hormone, glucose, cholesterol levels are perfect. none lower or higher than they should be. They are all 'bang on'. Oh I was so pleased to hear her say that. After all the issues I've had since I hit puberty I thought I was the one that was screwign it up for us. Still, she's more than happy with my results. I even asked about my LH levels and they were perfect (26).
So, that was me.. I'm ok (although still obese which she's not pleased about - plus I've put on 3lbs since early July when I should be losing it.)

As for husband, it looks good. He doesn't quite see it that way but the consultant tried to re assure him (as did I whilst we were parading around T.esco at 10pm) that it was all good.
He produced 5ml when the average is 4ml. In this sample they discovered 500milion of his boys. 5oo million? and one of them can't find their way?
His motility is ok. 17% fast swimmers but they look for 20%. Slow swimmers was around 8%. Still good she said. There are more of them swimming in circles (they're not the only ones, ha!) than she'd like but there is absolutely no need for concern. As for morphology, it's looking ok.
One thing she mentioned is that the sample was very 'mucousy' - It was thicker than they'd like but she blamed it on lack of fluids. Husband is not known for his water intake, unless you count 3-4 cups of coffee (de-caf of course) a day.
So he is under intructions to drink more water/squash then produce another sample in Jan 2010 which ties in with the next bit.

If by the end of Jan 2010 we're still not pregnant then they will begin the next phase of tests. This will be the HSG test. Not looking forward to having to go through that as it's a month that we cannot try, however if it needs doing then so be it. The consultant was happy that as all the results are in my favour, she feels there may not be the need to follow up with the HSG and I've been told to call her in the meantime if I don't need that appointment.

I'm hoping that as we've been told that all is working as it should be - with a little extra water intake on husbands part - then it should all happen naturally.

So we push on with TTC and pray that it works. I know I'm ovulating this month too. We've managed to cover it well, although the conversation in the car on the way to the hospital went along the lines of "we only have sex at the 'right' time of the month and all the fun has gone"
True, I know. But when you get to where we are, It's impossible for me to think about sex and NOT think about falling pregnant.

I'd like to end my post with an entertaining annoucement to you all. Sex gives me a headache.
I am suffering post coital Cephalgia. Nice.. NOT!
During intimate times with my husband I can always start to feel a pressure then a tingling on the top right hand side of my noggin. If I continue my ..cough.. 'efforts' then in around 10 second I get the most blindingly horrific headache on the right side and it won't go for hours. As it happens, it turned up last night and I'm suffering still this morning. 12 hours and a nights sleep later.
The pain is awful. Similar to migraine pain. Nothing stops it. I've taken a whole cocktail of painkillers (obviously not all at once), including this morning some Diclofenic I had perscribed for my back last year. That was way over an hour ago and I'm still in pain.
It is , it must be said a right turn off too. The sight of me grasping my head in my hands during sex is not a pretty one!

So you see, the phrase "not tonight dear I've got a headache" just doesn't cut it anymore.

Also wanted to say congrats to Murgdan and her DH on getting that beautiful pos test. What a great sight it was to read her blog and see that test photo. Chuffed isn't the word.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all of the great test results!

    The headache situation sounds terrible though!!

    Just as an aside, we were able to try the same month the I had my HSG. Not sure if your doc specifically said that you shouldn't, but if it comes to that Iwould ask again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sorry about the headaches... I have heard of that and it sounds very unpleasant.

    Glad to hear that your lab work all came back good. It must be hard for men to have their virility analyzed like that, but all in all it sounds like a good result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those headaches sound terrible!
    Congrats on your results and I am hoping you will not need the HSG test in January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news that the results are good. Let's hope that you don't need the HSG in Jan2010 due to a positive by then.

    Can't believe the headaches, they sound like a nightmare. I know what you mean about having sex around the right time, we often discuss how we go at it hammer and tong at the right time and then totally knacker ourselves out and put ourselves off it for the remainder of the month! Oh the joys of ttc, it plays havoc with your sex life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC HONEY !!
    thats gr8 news. hopefully it wont be long till ur posting that positive !!!! yayyyyyy !!. xx

    ReplyDelete