.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, 16 April 2009

Obsession - by Carolyne

Ok, so I have returned to the person I was last year. This obsessed 28yr old can think of nothing but TTC when not working. I'm online looking at this site, that site and the other site. I have used all the OPK's and have yet to see a smiley face (whoever thought that the sight of a smiley face would be enough to turn a woman in a sex crazed vixen?). Still, we're not detered by this, especially as I know the OPK will not always be accurate.

I have been perusing the web this morning about long cycles and what days they recommend OV will occur. Since I miscarried iin September I am now on a 39 day cycle, which means I save 3 months worth of god knows how many tampons, liners and the like each year but all that is made up (and more) with the shear cost of TTC paraphernalia!
Most articles and folk I speak to say I should ovulate at the weekend. Great. Husband and I are working Fri - Mon. I couldn't possible of ovulated in the 12 days I've just had off from work. Can you say: Sods law?

I have spoken to so many folk that say having sex every day is the best way to achieve your result (funny, I don't recall being red raw being particular goal?) but I'm sticking with the every other day routine. That whole "give his soldiers time to strengthen" blabber works for me.
Feeling a bit off today. I've what feels like mild period pains for 2 days now. Pah! I'm not due the have the painters in til 5th May! and while I'm on the subject of May, it is Husband and I's first wedding anniversary on 10th May.
Given this coincdence of dates, I wll either be celebrating our first milestone with a glass of vintage red or OJ. This is not something I would normally say given my love for the red stuff but I'll be happy to drink a gallon of the OJ if I am what I hope I am.

I was at AquaFit last night. I managed to catch up with a colleague and dear friend. Only things is, she is always asking how I am and tends to being up my miscarriage at frequebt intervals. I have told her in the past that I don't like to dwell, esp when we're at work sitting in the canteen! Now my EDD has passed, I am ok. I really am and I have a positive outlook that we did it before, we'll do it again. I haven't got upset since. It's strange. I was more prone to getting upset thinking that at certain weeks/occasions I should of been so many weeks and sporting a bump but it's not the case now the 7th April has been and gone. I'm taking this as a huge step so let's hope it stays eh?

I wanted to share a pic of Tessa. She is loving the new place. So much so she didn't mind me taking a shot of her the other day:

2 comments:

  1. Tessa is very lovely!

    I know exactly what you mean. I have my very own brand of Obsession!

    Emma

    http://emmas-house.blogspot.com
    http://mummy-in-training.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. GL with your O this weekend or whenever it decides to come! Also, Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete