.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Just how?

How on earth am I supposed to react to the news that the reason my mother was not overjoyed when I told her that after 18 months of trying I was pregnant, was that she knew something was wrong. She couldn't be happy because she had a gut feeling something was not right.

Give the woman a fucking medal, she was right. I miscarried. Mystic Meg is out of a job.

I really really have the urge to get on the phone, no better still, get on the train and march into her house asking her 'what the fuck am I supposed to do with that?'

You can see I'm a little angry. The problem is that when I'm angry I cry - I can't argue with folk as I end up running for tissues. It's a hormonal thing I reckon.

Can someone please answer me the original question, and if you can I'll be astounded. I'm lost for words at the moment. Husband can't believe she said it.

How can anyone say that to their daughter given what their daughter has been through. It's like a huge 'told you so'. Mother is claiming she has these gut feelings frequently. I wouldn't normally dream of cursing in front of my mother, but at this present moment in time I can honestly say I'd be willing to tell her fuck right off.
I may regret this post in the morning but something tells me I'll not be getting much sleep tonight so I might end up feeling worse after no shut eye.

Fuck it.

Ps: The film was ok although Jason Stratham should be ashamed of himself for that poor attempt at an American accent. Maybe it wouldn't of sounded so bad had I not been sat blowing steam from my ears and brewing about the above.

4 comments:

  1. When I m/c, my younger brother said that he'd had a feeling that something might go wrong and he couldn't get excited yet (I was 8 wks when I told). It is a strange thing to say. I didn't really take it as an "I told you so" in his case, but I wasn't sure what to make of it... the thought that while I was excitedly planning to meet my first child, he was thinking that it might die? I just don't know what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. People closest to us can disappoint us so much more and unfortunately they hurt us the most too. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parents arent supposed to say shit like that! Its fucked up. I'm sorry your mother did.

    And I would sop Jason Statham up with a biscuit. Rawr! The man is just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how to answer that .....even if she did think it, it should have stayed exactly that - a thought !!. xx

    ReplyDelete