.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, 22 August 2010

The show must go on

Disclaimer: I make no apology for the grossness that may follow!

Last night I indulged in yet another Jalfreze (it's worth pointing out that Husband picked up a box of 6 from our staff shop for £2. Yes that's right, £2 so I'm game for a ready meal at 33p a pop).
We scoffed our processed junk and sat to watch Lord of the Rings. A film that if I'm honest I've had zero desire to see. Not my thing but it was bearable and Husband was keen to watch it so I sat the 3 hrs.

It was at 3am this morning that I woke with what felt like menstrual cramps.. constantly. That horrid dull heavy ache you get right before the witch shows her face. I drifted in and out of sleep and BH and woke again at 7am with sore hips so I got up, made a cup of tea and watched a bit of news. I started to to feel regular contractions, regular enough to write down times and durations (every 9-10 mins and average a minute long).
I decided I was too tired to watch the depressing news so I went back for a lay down and slept from 8am til 11:30am - result! I did wake up flat on my back which made me curse but I tell thee, I was so so comfortable I could of stayed that way all day.

When I got up and dressed at midday I noticed the contractions returned but I could tell they were still no more than 8 minutes or so apart so Husband suggested we go out to lunch given its a lovely day and he's starting to get cabin fever. I felt a little trepidation as I was getting these blasted contractions and they were stopping me in my tracks and therefore I didn't want my lunch ruined. Still, we made it to the local pub not more than 5 min drive away (me? walk? Ha!) and ordered our food. I was ravenous and pigged out on a pork & apple burger with salad... and it was delicious.
Whilst we were waiting for our food to arrive, I visited the loo and straight away felt a funny sensation. The best to describe it is as though I was passing bubbles. I then noticed that all was not as it should be when I wiped. As I exlained to Husband it looked as though I'd used the loo roll/my liner as a snot rag during the worst cold ever (he can take this sort of grossness).
It was tinged a bit with colour so I thought instantly that it must be my plug.. what else could it be? I told Husband when I got back to our table and he replied with moving from opposite me to my 2 o'clock. Charming.
I was having contractions all through lunch and after a nap on the sofa this afternoon whilst Husband watched the BTCC I woke, went for a wee and noticed the same thng happen as before.
So, as it stands I think I am losing my plug. I say "think" because I'm really not sure. I guess if I continue seeing evidence then I might believe it. This means that things are actually in progress and it's about bloody time!

I have just hoovered the car out, washed the dishes and I have a nice warm bath on the agenda tonight and then if I'm feeling adventurous, I might even crack open the bar of mint Aero that is in my fridge.
I have my 41 wk midwife appt tomorrow and Im reeeally hoping I don't have to go... because I'm reeeally hoping I'll be 20 miles away panting like a dog on a hot day.

I am contracting still every 8-10 minutes and the pain is certainly further south than of late. Good sign I'm thinking.

Watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. Things do sound promising.

    Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't see this comment for a few days, and then only in a blur of sleep deprivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on out baby!!! I hope things start to pick up soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was two days ago. So I am guessing something is happening now ... Good luck.

    ReplyDelete