.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, 7 January 2010

"PULL" - Bang! There go the nerves

As if my nerves and anxiety levels aren't already shot, I got a call from my HR officer last saying that when I return to work (which is about 20 mins) I am not allowed to be transfered out of my normal working area which I have deemed unsafe for me.
My boss has decided that putting chair on a production line that operates at 6 deg c and making me sit for 10 hours is adequate. Arsehole.

His excuse is that due to recent redundancies, it'd be unfair to move me to a role that someone could of had. I have explained to HR that this is not the case. It'd be a temp 5/6 month secondment, nothing permanent and there is work that needs to be done on the health and safety dept. The H&S manager has offered me work but it's fallen on deaf ears.

I am a bag of nerves and hoping that the health and safety manager will come through for me. I don't feel AT ALL comfortable in the factory. Maybe it's tainted by the fact that I started to miscarry at work last time I don't know but I'm so worried that it'll be a case of history repeating.

Husband is seething and says he can't bear the thought of worrying about me each day for the next 5/6 months. Fair play.

Edited to add:
I went into work at 7am only to leave 30 mins later. I told the boss on my 'return to work' interview that I do not feel comfortable being in the factory. He say's there isn't a choice. I disagree... I came home. However, I need to get signed off but is the DR going to sign me off as 'sick' when I capable of working?

4 comments:

  1. Oh no... do you have any laws there to back you up on this one? It seems impossible that you could really not have a choice. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a miserable situation for you. I can't believe he really thinks that sitting in 6C temps for 10 hours is acceptable...

    OF COURSE, I'm an office drone so I object when the temps fall below or above a very narrow comfort level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I am so sorry that your company is not working with you. You have to do what you feel is best for that little baby. I really hope that the HR department rethinks their position.

    Regarding your previous post on cramps. It is most probably your uterus growing! I had some cramps at the beginning - it was always so scary, but you have to remember that your body is having to adjust to a little one growing inside of you!

    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really tough, I hope it gets resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete