.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, 10 January 2010

If it's not one thing...

For the last few days I've had terrible ear ache. I woke up with it on Friday. I thought at first maybe I'd slept funny (I tend to lay sideways and fling my head back) but I knew it wasn't the case when I started to feel the pain over the top of my head and in my throat.
I took some paracetamol yesteday. Standard stuff. All medication says to refer to a GP if you are pregnant and plan to take those meds but the midwife has told me taking normal paracetamol is fine, in small doses - taking 1 instead of 2.

So yesterday was a bum day 'me' wise. I was in agony all day, tired and feeling rather nauseas. It was also husbands' birthday yesterday and I really didn't want to be the party pooper so late afternoon I put on some half decent attire (some mat jeans I brought last week that are soo comfy) and we set out, tryingto justify our trip given the minus degrees and snow covered roads.

We went to Pizz.ahut - classy stuff. Have I mentioned husband turned 32 yesterday?!
We didn't book anything prior due to the weather and pending my nausea so it was on a whim to be honest. Anyway the place was heaving. We had to wait 20 mins for a table. I really didn't think it'd be that busy but I guess the bad weather brings out the 'can't be bothered to cook' in folk.
and hour later we're heading out to the cinema. Husband wanted to see Sherlock Holmes so we went in,paid and got a seat with 5 mins to spare only to then sit through 25 mins of ads!
The film itself was rather good. I'd recommend it. I guess we perceive some things and Sherlock Holmes was certainly one of them. The film was not what I expected. It was full of action and some dry humour (what d'ya excpect when a certain Mr. Ritchie directed it).

After the film we drove home in more snow with the speedo not registering over 30mph and walked in the warm house expecting to have a gift left by the dog.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.. Tess is sick. I'm not sure what's goin on but she's vomited everyday for the last 4 days now. I have an appt booked for her with the vet. At almost 14 I expect her to be unwell sometimes but just recently it's quite frequent. I've vaxed the sitting room carpet and for now she's only allowed in there if I/we are there at the same time. She hates being in the kitchen during the day and grumbles constantly.

The ear ache is still here this morning. I also have the sniffles and feel a bit rough around the edges so I guess a cold is on it's way. Marvellous.
The nausea has started to fade. It's always worse in the mornings but with an empty stomach I guess it's understandable. I always feel rough later afternoons/evenings. It's not a case of feeling sick, more like icky with a rancid taste in my mouth. I'm in constant supply of imperial mints. I was worrying a little this morning but I have these moments now and again. Until the 1st Feb's 12 wk scan I'll be on edge. Work is not helping matters. My GP has written to my workplace supporting my request to move. I'm awaiting a meeting to be set up between myself, HR and the arse who won't let me move dept's (my big boss). This is making me very anxious and i know that's not good. I guess I just assumed that after events of 2008 they'd be more supportive.
I can see me being forced to go back to my normal job and my boss walking around with this awful smug look.. trust me, he's the sort.

1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated) birthday to your hubs.

    I hope you feel better from the earache very soon!

    ReplyDelete