This shift has been a bad one. 60 hours worked (my contract/paid is 35)
On Sunday night I made an error at work and paid for it today. I was disciplined. Not good. Still, there are factors that lead to this error.
After completing 7 intense days I had 1 day off then went back to work on Sunday and endured a 14 hour day. I didn't report something to my boss and it was a big mistake.
So, in my meeting today I let it be known that my boss has been asking too much of me and working me too hard. He denied my owed lieu days for this course. It wasn't on my shift in and I dont' get paid overtime so I expected the time back I emailed my HR dept who confirmed that my boss was incorrect.
So I was let off a little lighter due to me being totally shattered and not on the ball Sunday night.
Still, this remains on my record for 6 months and prevents me from receiving any company sick pay should I fall ill. I'm so pissed off with myself for making the error.. it's not something I've ever done before but I've paid the price.
On the brighter side, HR have heard my side and agree that I've been overworked. I just need to get these 3 days back. Maybe on the back end of my scheduled break in November. 3 days extra with husband would be more than welcome.
My boss also let me finish on scheduled time tonight. He advised me of this in front of the HR rep conveniently. Maybe to relieve his conscience I don't know but he tried to say it loud and clear for HR to hear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your work place sounds like a complete nightmare!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I've put you forward for an award, visit my blog for more info (apologies if you have already received it).
Shit that sounds terrible, I dread to think what kind of mistakes I'd make after 7 back to back days. I hope yu get to take your owed days soon.
ReplyDelete