I decided to get my hair done today. When Husband and I got married last year I had blond highlights put in and thought it looked great. I then let it grow and when I found out I was Pregnant in the July I realised I'd have to let it grow out. It's taken me 14 months to get it done again.
It's not blond blond but the highlights look great (if I do say so myself). It was a tad pricey at £68 but it was worth it. It's rather short too. It's cheered me up though and after the last few days I deserve to be cheered up.
Today is my last day off. I'm only working half a day tomorrow, all day Sunday then on Monday I start a 5 day course for Advanced Food Hygiene. I've ben told it's a difficult course but with this under my belt the possibilities in the food industry are endless. I'm not saying that I want to stay in this particular sector forever as I have my dreams still (to own run my own tea shop) but with the economy as it is I'm better staying put for now.
My boss is being an arse though. I have asked to arrange my lieu days for this course as 3 days are on the opposite shift. I don't get overtime pay so I'm expecting the time back. His response? I chose to do the course so shouldn't expect lieu time. The cheek.
I have heard nothing from the 'friend' whose fiance caused all that grief on Sunday. I've called her once - no answer. Text her twice - no reply. Looks like that friendship is on the downward spiral. 17 years. We met when we joined high school and not once did we fall out in all those years. She was a witness at our wedding and I genuinly thought she'd be willing to talk it over. Another friend has said she hopes it doesn't affect our friendship as she gets married next May. All I can say is that it's not me that doesn't want to sort things out. The 2 of them are close and I feel another friendship may be treading on ice.
It's getting rather confusing so I'll break it down:
Friend A - Best Friend 'N'
Friend B - One who's fiance has caused all the uproar/won't communicate with me
Friend C - Good friends with B but always takes the back seat on this sort of thing
We've all been friends for 17 years but it kind of pairs off if you want to knit-pick. N and I have known each other 23 years and B & C the same.
It's 'N' who has been supportive. She knows all too well how quick my life went into turmoil & how hard I tried to get it back on track. I love her for her loyalty.
I'm also indebted to those who read my blog who haven't judged me, especially D. Big love!
So where I am on my cycle you ask? Well I'm cd31 today and nothing to show for it. Boobs are sore but I think it's the bra I've worn the last 2 days. I'm not hopeful, in fact I'm waiting for that signal to tell me I can get battered on the 24th when I go to see my Dublin buddy. The big cheese at work has organised a night out bowling and we're planning on painting the town red afterwards. Should be fun as I haven't let my (newly chopped) hair down for a long time.
Husband and I were thinking of watching a film at the cinema tonight but he was 45 mins late for work this morning so has to make up the time tonight. That's that plan out the window. We were plannign to see Love Happens. It looks good. I like a girly film now and again and husband and I have a deal. He'll watch my choice if I go see his with him (the surrogates) which is handy as I want to see that anyway. I'm just glad it's not Halloween or Final Destination or such like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment