.. and still no baby.
I started this blog a little under a year ago. I became friends with D through the BC forum and she suggested that blogging may make me feel a little better as it was a way of puking my emotions up and venting my feelings without the need to pay someone to clear it up at the end of it.
So I started blogging on 26th October 2008. Husband and I had just returned from a break in the Highlands where we had a chance to reflect, heal and be together following my miscarriage.
Here I sit, almost 11 months later and I'm still moping about it all.
Tomorrow marks the one year passing of my miscarriage. 23rd September 2008 The day that my world came down.
It's hard to describe exactly how I feel right now. Frustration is a key word I know that for sure. All the emotions in me are constantly trying to make their way out and I often struggle to contain them.
One woman who posts on the BC forum has told me (trying to be nicey nicey about it) to get over it. I was pretty shocked to read her post. Maybe she has a point I don't know. Does the fact that she has sadly suffered 6 miscarriages make her more 'superior' to opionion? Am I really just living in the past and not moving on? I don't know that either.
So many tests, appointments and consultations have been made and kept this past 11 months. We know now that my body is working as it should. All Hormone levels are bang on the line and I know I ovulate. They try to tell me that my PCOS is a factor but let's be honest here... If it were indeed a factor then woudn't something be awry with my body? I'm ticking along as normal.
They tell Husband that although his tests came back ok, they'd like to see more mobility. The boys are there, they just need to pop to Arg.os and purchase a Tom-Tom.
They tell me I am overweight - No shit. My BMI is 34. Too high. Yes I know. I've tried to shift some weight over the last 11 months but there's an obstacle in my way. Emotion. I can't lose weight because my mental state of mind prevents me from eating what I should. I can't get the motivation. Some would say that the opportunity of concieiving itself alone should be a motivator but It hurts too much still and besides, I was overweight when I conceived last Summer.
So, here we are. A year tomorrow marks the one year passing of my miscarriage and I do not feel any better than I did back then. I am more bitter these days I know that for sure.
I am weaning myself off the Birth story programmes and anything on Discovery Home and Health. At one point it was the only channel on my Sky Favourites. I try to be positive to those around me - in person - who are with child but it's hard to contain my bitterness and jealousy.
Plans for tomorrow are a trifle sketchy. Husband has got the day off work. We are a little strapped for cash right now so cannot pay a trip anywhere that involves cost. I think we might pack up a lunch and go for a really long walk. Who knows.
A lot of folk have told me the build up is worse than the day itself. I have been a mixed bag these last few weeks. Today I am not so bad. Yesterday I was a wreck as my reply to WFI's blog post proves.
Maybe once tomorrow is over I'll feel better. Who knows.
Thanks to all those who have been supportive over the last 11 months since this blog started. It's humbling to know people care. I know most of you have gone/are going through similar heartbreak but I also know that thanks to the people such as Lore, Ibis & Kara there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi there I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that you get your chance and conceive again soon. Don't listen to that women from BC, you take as much time to grieve as you need.
ReplyDeleteXX
R
I just went back and read your miscarriage story for the first time, thank you for posting the link.
ReplyDeleteI don't believe that anyone ever gets over a pregnancy loss. I know women who have gone on to have three and four children and still get teary 10 or 20 years later talking about the baby they lost. No one should make you feel bad for not being "over" your lost one.
I do so hope you and your husband conceive again soon. All my best.
Babe, im glad we became friends, I hate that we dnt get the chance to talk as much as we used to, im sure that one day soon we will both be on msn at the same time !! :)
ReplyDeleteI think you have done fantastic. It must be hard - I cant imagine what its like to have something so precious for it just to be taken away.
You were fantastic with me when we got our bad news. I cant believe thats been a year since the worst day of your life. Ill be thinking of you tomoz !!
MASSIVE hugs !!. xx xx
Best of luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. (hugs)
ReplyDeleteA miscarriage isn't something you simply get over. There is no such thing. Here I am pregnant again, and I still ache for my first baby. It is hard, it always will be. I hope you can celebrate your time with your baby instead of mourning.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you and your husband that you can conceive again soon.
Here from LFCA. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteThere is no timeline for grief. I'm sorry that someone made you feel like there should be.
I'm here from LFCA. I'm sorry for your loss and you will be in my thoughts, especially today.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of you today and sending you some warm wishes for the future.
ReplyDelete-LFCA
Signigicant dates are hard. It'll never go away but it will get better. Here's hoping that next year you will be in a different place. Thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry someone made you feel like you should be "over it" already. There's not getting over. There's dealing, and there's learning to live with the grief, but no getting over.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs, darling. My heart goes out to you.