.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Bring on November

What a day. I'm starting to get tired of these 13 hr working days. It's too much for my poor body. I've just had a nice hot bath to relax as my muscles ache already and it's only the first day of shift!

My colleague told me today that I am too negative. I always bring the conversation down. I'm always complaining. Yes it's true. I am a pessimist. Where's the harm? The way I see it, always assume the worst and then everything else will be a bonus. Odd thinking maybe but it's the way I've always been. I used to convince myself that I'd get a really crap present for Xmas and then my father would buy me fab rollerskates. To some this may not sound like such a great present but compared to what my mother would buy me, trust me it was cool.

So anyway, I complain.. that's my 'thing'. So what?

Speaking of my mother, I visited her a few weeks ago. Ok, so I was with my best friend at the time (my reason for visiting that neck of the woods) and it was easier with her there but it seems everything that happened months ago has been brushed under the carpet as she seemed her normal (dismal) self.
I found out yesterday through my aunt who I'm close to (the one that livs in Scotland) that my mother was en route to see her as we spoke on the phone. It would of been nice to know this as she could of popped into see husband and I on her route home as we are literally on the way. I say this, it's a 600 mile trip from mums'to my aunts and we're 120 miles from mums in that direction. Still, she could of nipped in for the day/evening and said hello. Sigh...

Whilst we're on the topic of Scotland, my aunt has given us the green light to pay a visit to her in November of this year. I love Scotland. Husband loves Scotland. Given the chance we'd move in a heartbeat.
So at the beginning of November husband and I will drive the 9 hr drive to the Highlands and spend the week doing absolutely sod all - besides eating cream scones and drinking copious amounts of tea. I love my aunts' cuppas.
We're both looking forward to it as we have not gone away this year. Work commitments and finances have not allowed it. Still, this'll be a budget trip as we pay nothing for lodgings, but I always supply a little cash to help with food as she cooks for us. We never ask her to, it's just she loves to do it!
When family is not in house, my aunt runs a side line B&B. Kind of an overspill from the main B&B down the road. It's a fairly large home (compared to ours anyway) and there's enough room for 3 'couple' visitors. Basically there are 3 double rooms whioch are used so when husband and I are there, the place is practically empty. Get that log fire going and a decent cuppa in my hands and I'm set.
One place we're especially looking forward to visiting is a place called Lossimouth, a small fishing town on the north east coast. Not the most pretty of places but the beach is stunning and there are sand dunes that go for miles. Beautiful.
This is where we visited shortly after I miscarried last year and to be sat on the dunes looking out to sea (with the chance of spotting dolphins) made me feel somewhat better. It has this huge calming/reflective effect on me.

This has turned into a mammoth post. For some reason I wanted to waffle on. Time for a cuppa and cuddle with husband.

4 comments:

  1. Hiya honey, we need a proper chat !!
    its been farrrrr too long !!
    I think u should move up here to Scotland, since u love it so much !! xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coworker needs to go through what you have and then she can try to pass judgement, I hope November comes quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about the holiday in November. It sounds fab. Not too long to wait. We're off on 2 November which is just over 6 weeks (not that I'm counting ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scotland is the perfect place for blowing away cobwebs. I hope you come back refreshed (you know when you eventually get away but at least you have something to look forward to).

    ReplyDelete