.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, 25 June 2009

Booked in

The pot and letter for Husbands' SA has been sitting on the counter for the best part of a week so I called the hospital yesterday and booked him in for Tuesday. He forgot to do it himself (as is the norm for appts etc). The woman on the phone was rather abrupt and when asked for his details I suggested giving her his NHS number but was rudely asked 'why would that help me?. There really was no need for that, maybe she'd had a bad morning but I digress.

Husband takes his sample in on Monday morning. The rude one couldn't advise when the result would be in. Apparently working in the Pathology dept itself doesn't help with that kind of info.. wtf?

We have only had sex twice this cycle. It's been a weird month. I've been tired/stressed/upset with work shenanigans and truth be told I haven't had the strength/energy to pounce on him (or be pounced on) but speaking the other night we have both realised we feel the same way about something:
Last month we did everything. We crossed every T and dotted every I in the TTC sense. I used the OPK's, I temped, we both continued with our vitamins, we carried on the ritual of no alcohol and caffiene (this has been going on for about 5 months) but it didn't work and the doctors' visit last week only made me feel worse so we're both starting to feel that it may not happen. When I fell pregnant last summer I was not following the ritual I do now. The only thing I did the same was take my vits. DH was not taking them back then so what's the difference? How can 2 healthy - and I use the term lightly until his results come back - people struggle so much to concieve?
Have we had our chance? Was that it?
I know that in recent months I have becomne increasingly stressed at work. I know this does not help matters but it's hard in the job I'm in and with the recession still going strong, now is not the time to be changing jobs - last in first out and all that.
Husband says that if we ever manage to concieve again then he wants me to tell my HR dept straight away and change job roles. We have a company doctor who is based on site to assess those with injuries - short and long term and I think if I saw him and reminded him that I started to miscarry at work last year at 12 weeks then he'll back me up in the request to move depts. I should imagine a few poeple at work would agree and supprt this. Sadly it's common knowledge that I was at work when I began bleeding.
All this is a million light years away though. We have to succeed first.

On a different note, I finally pulled down the Ivy that has taken over the garden yesterday and boy can that stuff take hold?! It clung on for dear life. No amount of lopping, sawing and digging was going to get that sucker out and in the end I walked away with blistered fingers and a sore back and half of it still on the fence.
Ivy 1 - injured gardener 0

1 comment:

  1. I know what it is like to "do everything right" and AF still arrives. I know the stats as well that there is only a 20% chance of getting pregnant each cycle, but that doesn't help me at all.

    Hon, I truely believe that stress is the biggest hinderance (for me at least) to have normal cycles. Stress made my cycles crazy, and I think our bodies have a tendency to "protect" us. Meaning that a pregnancy will cause more stress on our bodies, and when we don't need more stress, it is harder to get pregnant.

    Am I making any sense? I hope that you are able to find peace and a way to destress.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete