What a day.
The funeral went ok - as funerals go - Husband was great but there were a couple of comments made to husband and I that made us a bit pissed off.
Friends of his folks attended and after the service we all stood outside in the sunshine talking when friend #1 commented that now we have moved and we're both happier then maybe our luck will turn around after what's happened. At first I had no clue what he was on about then I twigged. He was telling us that we'll get pregnant now we live in another house albeit in a non tactful way. Husband and I were not amused that he was aware that I miscarried as he is a family friend I didn't know his folks were close too. Who else have they told?? More importantly, why make a comment like this to us, Did he think I'd be ok talking about our loss.. ever? and especially on the day of husbands grans funeral where we were already both fragile. How very distasteful and down right rude.
Then friends #2 asked 'where are the bambinos?'. Now this couple are very ignorant and a few years back they stopped communications with husbands folks and refused to talk to us. I was taken rather aback when he asked this so I had to walk away. His wife then told my BIL that she couldn't see him as a father.. why? why would any sane person say such a thing. It's no secret my BIL and his wife are not maternal at present but they'll start a family in their own time and to say something as daft as that was very rude.
With that exception, it went well. The weather was good, if a little cooler as predicted but the service was beautiful and we went back to the home his gran resided at pre nursing home for tea and some sandwiches. We left around 5pm and came home to chill out.
I have just read a long email from my mother. I haven't the energy to talk about it much to be honest. It just re iterates that she loves me and didn't mean to hurt my feelings but I completely misundestood the whole situ and I over reacted. Hmmmmmm. I'm back on shift tomorrow for 4 days but I might have to take the train and go see her if only to get this cleared.
I was planning on going to my swimming fitness class tonight but for the 2nd time in a row all my friends have cancelled on me and I don't like to go alone (safety in numbers and all that) so I'm going to have a good sob - I'm just in that mood - and watch Transformers with husband. I'm back to work tomorrow too so gotta get stuff ready for my shift.
It's a good job I'm not pre-menstrual (AF has been in town for 5 days) otherwise I'd be a wreck right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh I am so sorry for such a terrible day (with terribly rude people).
ReplyDeleteOur ectopic/loss was so public that it has FORCED how we handle all those ackward questions/comments differently (even though I wish at times no one knew). J and I both decided that if people so felt that it was their business to ask about when we were going to have kids, then they get the whole story (ruptured ectopic, internal bleeding, loss of fallopian tube, hospital stay, etc). Usually shuts them up, and I just hope that they learn and think twice before asking another couple that question.
I can't believe all that y'all had to deal with today. I hope that your week gets better.
I'm sorry sweetie.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Ugh. I'm sorry - some people are just astoundingly rude.
ReplyDeleteA good cry can do wonders sometimes... feel better soon. *hugs*
Sounds like a really tough day. I'm sorry. I hope things are looking up a bit tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you had to deal with such rude comments. Sometimes people just don't think. ::hugs::
ReplyDeleteI am constantly amazed by how insensitive people can be. Especially people that are supposedly friends (and family too). I am sorry that you had to deal with that when the focus should have been something else entirely!
ReplyDeleteBTW - your puppy is adorable!!!
Honey ....we seriously need a catch up.
ReplyDeleteIm sorry for the ignorant people - ass holes !
Im glad it was a nice day at the funeral.
I need updated on the mother ship situation !. xx xx