Things are ok with Husband. I guess a lot of things are getting to me and this was the straw that broke the camels back. We've talked extensively. Hopefully we'll move on from it.
Now, onto a more positive subject, Oliver has been Colic free for 10 days now. I know I know, now I've said it, we'll have tears today but with the exception of a few grumbles he's ok. I can pick him up and pat his back and get an almighty burp if he's having a bit of a grumble and it's enough to settle him. He sure is good at keeping hold of the wind but it doesn't bother him in the way it did.
Dare I say it? Can we possibly be coming out the other side of the dreaded Colic? I hope so because I'm thinking of taking shares in Gripe Water!
One issue I have is nappies. They are useless as present. I might as well leave him naked and let him pee everywhere.
Every few hours (or nappy change whichever comes first) I notice immediately that he is soaking on his left side. Never on his right, always on the left. His nappy can be almost bone dry at the front and around the back but up the side it's sodden. I am greeted with this be it night or day (changing his clothes in the dead of night normally results in a few tears).
I was using P.ampers New Baby 3's but they started to leak so I got the H.uggies 3's and voila! Same issue. He can't wear the New Baby 2's as they cut into his chubby thighs so I might try the standard P.ampers or H.uggies 2's. I have a whole array of nappies in the nursery so you can understand my consternation at the tought of buying more today. I have noticed that he is always pointing to the left so maybe his pee is coming out with such force it's not soaking where it should?!
Speaking of leaving him to be naked.. I don't do this - ever! I've had a friend tell me her little boy lays around in his nappy or naked at some point everyday. I have never done this with Oliver.. I guess te thought of him getting chilly puts me off. The house is warm for me but is it warm for him (normally around 21C)
We rarely have skin to skin too and the same reason as above. I also find he roots for my boobs when we do so I try not to confuse him too much. Is that fair?
These things are sent to try us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

(quiet and mumbled, so as to not draw the attention of those who like to catch us up) Yay for the Colic free! And with husband.
ReplyDeleteMy little one is only unclothed or diaper only when she is either getting changed into day/night clothing or bathing. If it's too cold for me to hang around the house in my undies only, it's too cool for her to do the same. That means no skin to skin here either.
No advice on the diaper issue, girls just don't seem to have the same problem. :)