.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, 15 November 2010

Next stop: Unknown Territory

I think it's safe to say my period is back. The cramps arrived this morning. I guess it's a case of everyone being different as to when to expect to bleed given the reponses I've had, not only on here but irl too.
I now find myself in territory I've not been in for a fair few years; Not preparing for the upcoming 2 weeks of jumping in the sack when a £9.99 piece of plastic tells me to, Not purchasing tests 4 days before AF is due inb the hopes it'll bring up those magic 2 lines, Not comparing the prices of said sticks on well known internet auction sites for the best price, etc etc. These are strange times! Don't get me wrong, I know I am very lucky to be in this position right now but all the same.
I'll be keeping track of when I due each month obviosuly but there is no real purpose now. It's a bit odd. I stopped taking my pill in the Spring of 2005 so it'll take a bit of getting used to.

Now, for news on the work front, I have decided to take the redundancy package that they are offering. I am yet to receive a call with their final offer but Husband and I have talked and talked about it and I just really want to spend these precious times with Oliver before he starts proper nursery and plus, with the shift they are offering, we simply cannot afford the childcare. Not a chance.
Don't get me wrong here, we'l struggle I'm sure as we do now when it comes to the end of the month. Those few days before payday are a killer.
We have gotten better at managaing our finances now Oliver is here, for example I now do my weekly food shopping online and have it delivered. This way I can plan a weeks' meals (not that we have to have said meal on that particular day) and there is no temptation of the deli counter, baker, clothing section etc etc. For the last 2 months we have saved an astonishing amount on our food/toiletries. I can spend as little as £20 on food for the week, whereas we used to shop monthly (and normally after a long day) so we'd fill the trolley with pointless stuff and offers we couldn't resist that we;d end up not consuming such as broccoli or yoghurts.
Now I can shop and rest that someone will bring it to me and all I have to do is tap a few times on the laptop and put it away when it arrives.

So, I could potentially be unemployed in a months time. Another new territory for me as I've been in full time work since I left school 14 years ago. Scary thought.
I shall be seeking a part time position in the Spring and we'll try our best to fit it round Husbands shift. However, if I need to send Oliver to nursery then it won't be as expensive as a 10 hour day (£50!)
One thing I've made clear (or at least I think I have) to Husband is that although I'll be home with Oliver everyday, he is not to call me his Housewife and I expect him to do his fair share of the household chores when he is not on shift which is for 4 days. I would like a few days off a week from the cleaning!

On a lighter note, I have made plans for my 30th which falls 3 weeks tomorrow. Husband has kindly offered to stay home whilst I and a few friends go to the local for a drink or 2 on the 4th. I've no intention of getting sloshed but a few will suffice. Plus I'm hoping I'll still be expressing so a) I don't want to have to dump too much milk and b) I'd like to in a fit state to pump when I get back from the pub. Then on my birthday (the 7th) Husband, Oliver and myself are taking the train to York for the day. York is the most beautiful city I've been too. I know it well as my father lives there but he will not be involved in our day (he is still ignoring me even with Oliver in our lives) but I'm looking forward to spending the day with my 2 favourite people doing a bit of sightseeing (loads to see even after 20 years of visiting) and a spot of retail therapy should our budget allow but I'm hoping with the redundancy package, I'll have a spare few £££'s to spend. Heaven knows my wardrobe needs a severe overhaul!

No comments:

Post a Comment