.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, 28 October 2010

Reasons to be un-cheerful (part 1)

I have been implanted. I now a rod the size of a dolly grip inside my bat wings style arm. This is going to stop me falling pregnant.. say what now??

I find it so bizarre how this little contraption releases enough progesterone to stop my ovaries doing their thing. I also find myself feeling sorry for my ovaries, given the grief I've caused them over the last 5 years or so.
The DR told me a week should be a good length of time to wait before jumping into the sack with Husband. He's been asking if it's sooner whereas I'd be happy for it to take a year sometimes. I am feeling rather run down and blue. I wouldn't like to hazard a guess and mention PND but it seems I am having a bit of a hard time recently. In my defence there are many contributing factors:

  1. I gave birth a little over 9 weeks ago - I'm still mentally adjusting.
  2. My job has been made obsolete, I have to decide whether to take the replacement role they're offering (no more managing my team, mostly lonesome work) or go for the pay out.
  3. I am freaking out about Oliver having to go to a nursery.. freaking out!
  4. My younger sister is pregnant and I am worried for her.
  5. The dog is crapping in the house still and it's only getting worse.. as is her health.
  6. I do EVERYTHING around the house and if I mention this to Husband I feel I have apologise for nagging otherwise he thinks I'm getting pissy about it.
  7. I am jealous of Husbands' friend and the time they spend together.. wtf?
  8. I am sleep deprived (see all of above for justification)
  9. My father has yet to reply to a message I sent with a photo of Oliver... I'm not expecting him to visit and smother me with hugs but still...
  10. I have just eaten a whole pack of gingernuts and I'm feeling off.
Ok so the last one is a bit trivial but I've a lot on my plate (there is more but I try to limit what I share with the blogging world after the last incident.)
I feel I'm always in a grump and I must say, it's being the one that maintains the house that is starting to really bug me. I actually went into Husbands office yesterday and rooted for dirty washing. There were socks strewn all over, pants, trousers you name the attire it was there... and all dirty (I refuse to check his undies to assertain just HOW dirty - Eugh)
I hate to nag but it's all I do lately. I announced last week during one of my many rants that I am not his housewife.. I got zero response.

I need something to perk me up as I'm in a major rut and aside from meeting up with my fellow new mums 3 times a week I'm not sure how to do it.

Oh and I thought of number 11... I turn 30 in Dec. We can't even go away for a night as we've no childcare. Arse!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry... I've been there with pretty much all of those, except for #10 as I have no idea what gingernuts are. ;)

    The only thing that has "worked" as far as getting the hubby to do more is to stop doing things and let him feel how much work it is when you're not doing it. Whenever you're comfortable, leave O with him for a few hours. Or, eventually, all day. Make sure there are dirty dishes & laundry at the time!

    Men have to adjust to parenthood too, but unfortunately for us they adjust at their leisure while we hit the ground running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so unfair that women are expected to seamlessly add the majority of childcare to all of our prior house-jobs and working outside the home while men feel they can get a free ride without many changes to their own lives. (Generalizations as always...)

    And then they want you to be sex ready ASAP. Perhaps you could suggest politely that his assistance around the house would accelerate your interest in return? (Even if it really doesn't...since lack of sleep and breastfeeding are both real libido killers...but at least getting some help might leave you with enough energy to at least fake it. :)

    ReplyDelete