.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, 25 June 2010

Guess who ate all the pies?

2.4 kg

5lb 4oz

2395 grams

However you spin it, it's a fair weight for 32 weeks. A fair weight indeed for my child who still has 4 weeks and 3 days before he is fully cooked.

I went for the untrasound this morning and my my he's a little porker!

Femur length and Head Cir is bang on the nose but he's got a big belly and is bang on the top line. Now forgive me as I'm not really clued up on the 'percentile' jargon.. it all goes way over my head like many things in life but we're on the 97th? The MW explained it in the easiest way possible for me. Me being a bit dim (Husband was way clued up and nodding his head like a teachers' pet at this point).
His belly is measuring approx 307mm. The top line is 300mm. Thus they are not overly concerned but as it is officially over the line.. by a smidge.. then I have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan to confirm exactly how many pies this little man has consumed.

Amnio = 20.2 apparently this is the upper end of the norm. Someone get this boy a snorkel.

It's the weight that got me though. 5lb 4oz est. No wonder I'm waddling like I'm carrying a size 14 bowling ball (always was a 10 girl myself but whatever)

So the plan is this:

  1. See the consultant next week for a sit down & chat about god only know what. The MW was a little unhappy that I haven't seen the consultant at all in this pregnancy even though I am split 50/50 led but it saves me £10 on fuel so I'm easy. She thinks he might want to discuss the contingency is Yokie continues on this growth spurt. Cue big red flashing lights and buzzers that exclaim 'CEASAREAN' - Something that does give me the willies.
  2. Scan again on 8th July to catch up on Yokies' progress. Then I guess there'll be decisions to be made as my then I'll be pushing 35 weeks.
On the plus side, we did get some great shots of Yokie during the scan. He's head down, facing my back with his back & bum up my front and legs left or right.. he was undecided and this explains why I have left kicks in the day and right kicks in the evenings.
He was not happy with the sonographer for disturbing him as he'd been quiet all morning (stage fright?!) and he proceeded to knock the wand all over the show but we saw a great front view and trust me, for a 2d scan it was amazing. I think all his weight is in his cheeks!
We double checked he is indeed a he - Husband pointed out each part of the anatomy.. clever husband.
Then we got to see him sticking out his tongue and according to the sonographer, blowing kisses.
What did it for me was the foot shot though and I'll try to post a photo of it later when I've found the camera. It is a great shot and wouldn't you believe it? as soon as she took the shot he kicked seven bells out of me. Guess who's going to have ticklish feet (gets that from his father).




After this was all done husband treated me to breakfast and we mooched about town. I brought a dress from H&M. It's a floaty dress to match the existing black/white one I have. I shall wear it many times I predict.
Husband brought Yokie a sleepbag and some sleepsuits. They were a good bargain and the sleepbag should be especially handy given he'll be an August baby (hopefully) as it's light tog.

I'll tell you one thing though, walking really wears me out easy these days. I was ready to sit down every 5 minutes. Things can only get worse once he engages!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good scan, yay for little pie eaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww what a lovely cute picture of that little foot !!
    I cant wait till this wee one is born. went to visit my sisters little baby last night, adorable doesnt even begin to cover it !! xx xx

    ReplyDelete