.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 22 June 2010

32 week Appt

Note to self: Get 32 week belly pic done.

It seems the measurement horrid MW took at my 30 week appt was correct (32cm) as today she measured me at 35cm. She looked at the growth pattern and if it continues in this was then I'm going to have one heck of a heffalump (my words not hers hehe).

She did the right thing and called the hospital and I'm booked in Friday for a scan to confirm. There's nowt they can do obviously but at least they an keep an eye out and then if need be, follow the route of induction etc but that's a loooong way off as LO might decide that this growth spurt he is on ain't so cool after all and slow it down. Heaven knows my belly button needs a rest as that is where there is so much pressure and discomfort. It's like he's ready to burst out!

My urine is fine, HB was spot on but no GTT results yet so if I haven't heard by Thurs then I'll ask when I go for my scan.

As for the dizzyness I have recently been experiencing, she is confident it's not the dreaded PE as my blood pressure is the same as last time, 110/65. No swelling etc. She has a theory that it might be my BP dropping at points in the day given I feel better if I lie down. If it continues/gets worse then I hould call the hosp for advice.

I now have to wait 3 weeks for my next appt as they have someone off sick and they are fully booked when I should have my 34 week appt so I have to wait til 35 weeks. Not a problem in the grand scheme of things but it'd make it easier to monitor my belly growth if I stick to the fortnight appts, y'know for continuity. She says if I want I can see the GP. Will wait and see what the scan says Friday!

Antenatalclass today was good, although we only watched 20 mins or so of the birth DVD as the facilitator would not work the projector. Plus, 25 odd people in a hot stuffy room equals a lot of uncomfy hormonal ladies! We discussed pain relief and although nothing is set in stone, my decision to avoid Pethidine was made stronger when she mentioned it can linger in babys' system for up to 5 days and affect their ability to BF given it makes them a little too relaxed. Like I say, not set in stone and if means having it then so be it but for now I'm going to put on my birth plan I don't want it. I am determined to BF.

Yokie has been moving a lot lately even though they say the 'harsh' kicks ease off.. er, I don't think so chum! My belly button is ready to give up the ghost and these stretch marks look angrier as each day passes.
I have a mexican wave going on in there at times, which maybe a sign (note to self: get down to bookies and place a tenner on Mexico for World Cup). Speaking of which, England suck.. c'mon Slovenia!

1 comment:

  1. My birth plan is currently - go to hospital, leave with healthy baby. You think I need to work on that some?

    The image of a belly button exploding out like an ill-managed champagne cork just entered my head...but I'm sure that would never happen. Really.

    ReplyDelete