.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 8 June 2010

30 wk Midwife appt

I got the bad midwife today - Boohiss.

Should of known really given the rain hadn't stopped since 4am and I got soaked walking from the car to the clinic - it was the icing on the cake really.

After almost crushing my pubic bone with her thumb, she declared I am measuring big. 32, possibly 33cm. I should be 30 and she thinks 5cm in 2 weeks is a lot.. you don't say. Still, she never said ANYTHING about further action which annoyed me. She's just letting it go. I'm not sure what steps to take here so I might need to consult with the hospital and get some advice.
You see this midwife is so blase at my appts It's like she really couldn't give a damn about her 'patients'.

I noticed on my notes that she wrote 30 weeks. I am 30+1 today and looking back from what 'nice' midwife has previously written, she always got it bang on. How hard is the math on the really?

My blood tests have not returned so she and I are not up to speed on how I regulate my sugars, thus I could have the big GD and not know about it. Her response? "You'd of known by now if it were bad news". Thanks.

BP: 110/65 - Slightly raised on the diastolic but it's still good
Urine: Clear from anythng untoward
FHB: Not disclosed. Sounded good to me though, even when Yokie kicked the doppler
FH: 32/33 - See above
Weight: 101kg. This has pleased me as my weight gain thus far is only 6kg

The pain I have in my right kidney area is, in her opinion my bad posture. I am to re evaluate the way I sit and restrict sofa time. I'd say fine except this pain comes when on the sofa, in bed, and even as I type now sat bolt upright at the kitchen table.

We 'discussed' my birthplan and I was shown the back of my notes where there is a section for me to come home and fill in. I then pointed out she'll need to sign off that page once we've gone through it - she didn't look amused.

To top it all off, she got lube all over my new maternity jeans whilst fumbling around with the doppler. Eugh.

Overall, not a great appt and I hope that the next (22/06) is with nicey midwife. If not then I think I'll struggle to keep this mouth from motoring (but on the plus side I can blame the hormones?!)

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, we patients are so difficult, wanting answers and results and expecting actual participation and correct data from those we trust with our medical needs.

    Sorry you had a not great appt! Will keep fingers crossed that the next is with the nice midwife.

    ReplyDelete