Yes, some things are grinding to a standstill this week.
One thing thing that is progressing is my friend and her fiances' journey to having a babyof thier own. After having some not so great news late last year, my friend and her fiance have the oppotunity today to see the specialist and get thier show on the road. I wish them the best of luck today.. you deserve it chick xxx
The only thing that has indeed continued is this awful toothache. I have looked up so much info on Wisdom teeth in the last few days and I have to say not many articles point to the fact that they actually serve a purpose. The only purpose I can see that they hold is supplying endless hours/days of pain and discomfort. I've gone through a whole pack of extra strong paracetamol and I'm now mid way through a pack of the stongest dose of Ibuprofen you can get without prescription. It's there, I can see it. However it's cutting my gum and the whole left side of my mouth is swollen along with pressure/pain on the other teeth on my lower jaw. I have refrained from visiting the money sponge.. sorry.. Dentist til now as this surgery could actually be the most expensive in the UK. (Except those in London of course.. Boy I feel for you guys). I might see if I can get in today though as I'm back on shift tomorrow and won't be able to get in til Tuesday.
My lovely and oh so wonderful period is startng to calm down. 6 days in. It's the norm now though, as since my Miscarriage all monthly activities have lasted between 7 and 10 days.
In other news: The house Hubby and I had our eye on has gone. We rent, and we'd seen a house in the town we live near a few months back. The Landlord was due to fix it up as it was in need of some TLC and we were told that when it was ready, we'd have first pickings. Great! we thought but alas.. 2 months down the line and phone call to the estate agent, I get told that the landlords friend is having it. Now you could say I'm annoyed by this. You're right. We held off going after other houses while we waited out on this one. What a let down.
But something good may have come out of it. A friend at work is letting her house out as she has brought another. It's a 1998 build so newer (Just a bit though, our current house is coming up to 200 yrs old!) it's closer to work and it has amenities nearby. It is also in the midst of a lovely village in the Lincolnshire countryside. Now Lincolnshire is a big county in England, and is split into 2 in terms of landscape. The south is open and flat. Very flat. Think the Netherlands. Whereas the north is more 'hilly' for want of a better term. By no means is it the Rockies, It's a case of a slight hill about 30m high but conpared to the south, it's very different. The village we live in now is in the south. The village the house we now want is on the border between the 2. It's lovely. There are also woods nearby that often provide us now with nice walks but living closer would mean taking advantage of them more.
Anyway, my friend has asked hubby and I go pop over on Monday to have a look. Here's hoping that maybe this house might come through!
Thursday, 19 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you so much babe. That was a lovely wee mention..
ReplyDeleteGod love u for suffering the toothache for as long as u have.
Ohhhh im excited about the house thing, thats cool, i hope u love it and i bet its nicer than the one has just gone. x x x x
I hate toothaches even more than I hate a sore throat!!! Hope the house is wonderful. The area certainly sounds good. You must take pictures!! :-)
ReplyDelete