.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, 16 February 2009

Crimson or Scarlet?

Firstly, I want to say thanks to you all for the kind comments on my last post. I'm touched.. really. I can honestly say that the moment the DR's receptionist said the words "The blood test came back normal" my heart dropped like a sumo wrestler on a bungee rope. I was standing in a salad factory in wellies and a hard hat surrounded by onions of all places. It's been an emotional past few days. Look at me I'm babbling so much I'd put Kate Winslet to shame.

At lunchtime on new years day this year, my ex boss who is also a great friend text me saying he hoped that 2009 would bring happier and peaceful times and that lives would improve. Here I am, not even past the first quarter and I hate this year already.

I had visitors on Saturday morning, at 06:30am just as I was about to dash out the door to work. They were visitors I was not looking forward to seeing as nothing needs decorationg, for you see it was the painters.
I never used to like this term for having your period but I actually prefer it to AF now.
Suffice to say I was not happy and it certainly set the tone for what was to become a (pardon the french) shit shift. I mean really, do the folk on Britain not eat anything else when it's been snowing other than salad and stirfry? Personally I love nothing better than a bowl of soup of some stodgy stew and dumplings when it's -5 out there but whatever floats the boat.
I can't even say I'm having a normal period for I am not. It's not normal for me. It's someone elses' who seems to have got lost on the way. Maybe they can't figure out the TomTom they got for xmas.

I have the most horrendous toothache. My lower left Wisdom tooth is the culprit and it's agony. 5 days it's been pulsating now. I can't shut my mouth properly. No amount of paracetamol stops the pain. It's cutting my gums too, so I feel like a toddler. All I need now is rosy cheeks and the runs.. oh wait!
Inlaws visited today. What is it with them that wants to make me fall to slumber after 30 mins in their presence. Boy can they talk. Hubby switches off to it but it's hard for me to do the same. They also love to talk over each other to me and slowly they both get louder. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. sorry, just talking about them talking makes me nod off.

In other news, the washing machine in due to be fixed tomorrow. 2 months with no washer and mind numbign trips to the laundrette. Hopefully them days are behind us. It's also due to turn mild here in Blighty in the upcoming days so if he repaires it successfully tomorrow I'll be able to get a load done and out on the line for the first time since october last year.

Here's to hopefully seeing the painters off within the week... (not likely given my last 3 periods have been 9 days long).

2 comments:

  1. Apparently, my Aunt Flo has cousins in England that are painters. Who would have thunk it :-)

    BTW - I love reading your blog. I used to like in Chester (many moons ago) and when I am reading your words I can almost picture myself sitting in the pub listening to the conversations around me. And I even understand you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just catching up on your blog and wanted to send u a comforting cyber hug...it's been a rough few days for you.
    i admire ur sense of humour and i believe it's only a matter of time and things will work out for the best.

    ReplyDelete