
Above was taken from the bedroom early this morning.
Rant Alert:
Following on from other bloggers, it would seem that this country cannot function with a bit of snow. BBC news has ran the same story since 7am this morning, plus rolling the same bloody footage over and over. Don't you just love rolling news?!
I was looking forward to jumping on the train and going to see my good friend today (I'll refer to her now and in future as 'N'). It's been a while since we met up. I asked her last night if we were still on and we arranged times I'd be arriving (it's a 2 hr train ride). I got up this morning, got all wrapped up for DH to take me to the station (he's working today) and as I got out the door at 06:3am I got a text message. N's fiance was not going to work due to the snow. This you might think shouldn't be an issue but you see her fiance is .. how can it be put nicely.. a tit. I am not a fan and he knows this. I cannot go round to visit whilst he is there, N cannot phone me etc.. you get the jist. N and I have been great friends for 21 years, since I moved to the neighbourhood at the tender age of 8 with my newly divorced mother.
Anyways, I'm not too chuffed at missing the opportunity to catch up with her and her little boy but truth be told, she doesn't seem to bothered. There's a sense that in the 8 years they've spent together he's really gotten to her. I'm her mother hen, always have been and I worry. She once confessed he told her I'm a bad influence... WTF? Here I am, married and settled, living away from the town too many people cling to and in a great job.. me a bad influence? naturally. Cock.
Rant over, I'm off to see if BBC news has finally found a story worth broadcasting.

Ugh. That's really yucky that your friend has changed so much because of her husband. :( Growing up is fun and all, but sometimes I Wish I could have stayed a little kid, at least when it comes to my relationships with some of my friends!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you'll be thrilled to know that you guys made the news in Boston for how much this storm messed up the works there (and how so many people stayed home from work!)
ReplyDelete