.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, 27 February 2009

... and exhale!


A I type, I'm wolfing down my cheese on toast and washing it down with a mug of coffee (decaf of course, as is all the tea in our home).
The reason I've sent an invitation to indigestion city is that this afternoon I shall be furiously packing. For you see we picked up the keys to our new house this morning. The house I described in the prev blogs. I'm finally starting to think that something good might be happening to us.

The house is big, much bigger than our existing l'maison. There is one more bedroom, meaning one more than the current (although I'd argue with anyone that our current as "2 bedroom", more like 1 + shoebox) and it's about 170 years younger! Built around 1990 according to the Estate Agent. It also has a lot that this old shack doesn't: Central Heating, Gas mains, high ceilings, UPVC doors & windows. We got there today, parted with A LOT of cash, signed the papers and preceeded to measure all the rooms, esp the bedrooms to decipher which shall be the master. The norm/traditon is to sleep in the front - I don't know how this came about here in the UK but in everyhouse I've lived (My father was in the RAF and we moved A LOT!) My folks always slept at the front of the house. Husband and I have carried on this tradition in the 2 homes we've rented so far. I think we'll do the same for this one.

There are some good memories to take away. This home we are in now is where we lived when we got married last May, where we finally got our wish and became parents to be but there is a dark time that we need to escape from. 23rd Sept 2008 will forever stay in my mind but we need to move on and start afresh in a new home, a home that is much more suitable for that child we so desperately want.
One thing I'll miss about our current abode is the view outside the front. It's endless fields and we can see for miles. It'll take some adjusting seeing another persons' home when I open the blinds in the morning but it's a small price I'm happy to pay. Oh and the rent, for the new place comes at a higher price.

Can happiness come back into our lives? Here's hoping.

3 comments:

  1. heres to hoping indeed!

    Congrats on the new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house and I hope the packing and moving go swiftly and smoothly. I hate to move, but I love fresh starts! Here is to you and hubby making some new and incredible memories in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been picture tagged.....go to my blog for details mwah !, x

    ReplyDelete