.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Er.. excuse me?

USELESS: Adj: - having no beneficial use or incapable of functioning usefully

I checked my phone earlier as it had been in my jacket pocket all day and there was a miss call along with an answerphone message. I had a listen, thinking it would be the estate agent who had prev left a message on the home line. I never imagined for one minute I'd hear the following:

"Hi Carolyne this is K**** from the Health Clinic - I'm just calling to see if you can contact us to arrange an appointment at the Ante-Natal clinic asap".
Yes you read right.. she said ANTE-NATAL clinic!!
Now clearly the good folk at the hospital or my GP have decided not to inform the clinic that unfortunately I suffered a miscarriage 5 months ago yesterday. It's good to know the immense national health insurance cost I pay is going somewhere.. just not on a bloody phone or fax machine.
Obviously this call upset me and it was the icing of what has become a bad afternoon. Read on, it gets better!

I think about the baby we would of been having evey single day. I don't think an hour goes by that I don't think about it. How I would be 35 weeks today, how it wouldn't be long til I hold our baby in my arms, how I would be struggling to get my wellies on at work, how I'd be looking forward to my mat leave... it's endless. It's also still raw. I don't think I will ever get over it in a sense that it doesn't make me well up each time I think about it.

So after such a bad day at work yesterday I felt really rough when I got home. My head was pounding and I felt like I wanted to burst into tears at any moment. Now I thought about things during the day (as is the norm) and I must confess it affected my mood (I threw a box of knives on the floor in frustration). However it wasn't until about 10 mins ago whilst thinking about my friend 'N' and that it's her 28th Birthday today that I realised why yest was so tough.

5 months.

5 months since we lost our baby and 5 months since my heart was ripped out. 23rd Sept 2008. I feel so bad for forgetting the date yesterday.

You can understand if I'm a little upset!

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand my friend!! It has been almost 9 months since our little angel went to heaven. I think about it constantly. I am still getting baby mags in the mail and even better.....diaper sample and cans of formula!!! I think there is just no getting away from it some days. You are in my thoughts. Hope this week gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that happened to you. A similar thing happened to me (the ultrasound place never canceled my 18 week ultrasound, so they called to "remind me of my appointment.") It was really hard, and I can certainly empathize with you. That just stinks.

    ReplyDelete