I am now off shift for 4 days. I love these days sometimes but I miss husband already and it's only 3 hours since he told me he loved me and left for work. I have the whole house to clean and I have a nest of ants in the garden to deal with.. joy.
I had a call from a good friend last night telling me she and her husband had split. It was so out of the blue I still can't get my head round it. They've always been a sturdy and strong couple - They've been married 4 years and it really does come as a shock. I'm concerned for my friend, but she's strong. She's planning on coming over this Sunday for our company's annual 'Funday' in the local park to try and take her mind off things. We met a few years back when she started at my work place and we bonded immediately. After 18 months she transferred to another local location but same company. Over the few years we've known each other we've become great friends. We're the same age (coming on 29) and we are very very similar in personality and taste. I'm gutted for her and her husband. It was his decision but I'm praying that they can work this out. They make such a great couple and it seems wrong for them to be apart.
In other news.....
I came home from work Weds evening to news that the DR had called husband and told him the following:
The hospital in which he took his sample have not processed it and have contacted our surgery to tell them so, the reason apparently being that husband never booked an appointment time so they didn't get the timing right to test.
Now I know I'm forgetful, to the point where I get a a little concerned sometimes but I called that damn hospital to book husband in. I recall the post I made a few weeks back where the woman from the Pathology dept was a litle rude.
I'm not happy, as husband makes no bones about the fact that he 'struggled' to produce his sample into that pot. I shall be making an abrupt call to the dept today to rant. Poor husband has to repeat his torment and not because we're testing again to monitor periodically but because of some fools' inability to be helpful. I will be telling them this.
As for husband, he has not booked himself into the GP agin for another pot and form to complete. You see husband doesn't think of these things... expecting me to do them (hence why I had to call and book the prev appt).
Truth be told, Sometimes I'm surprised he remembered to attend our wedding last year.
AF is still with me, it's normal for her to stay up to 9 days with me. It's at this point in my cycle that I think 'sod it' and I swear not to obsess next time. I fail each month but there's something different this time. I feel that I've hit a large brick wall and I can't break through it. I feel that last year when I fell pregnant was the only chance I got. I'm a huge believer in fate and I often believe that fate has handed husband and I this raw deal to counteract the balance. Somewhere out there a couple can fall pregnant at the drop of a hat and the world needs balance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm sorry that all of that happened with your hubby's SA. It's so hard when things aren't as important to the medical staff as they are to you. Sometimes they just forget to take a walk in your shoes and think about how they would feel if they were in your position.
ReplyDeleteI hope AF goes home soon and you can try to enjoy the next week or so before it starts all over again!!