
I woke this morning to arams that resemble an addict. The nurses in the bloods 'van' did apologies in advance that I'd bruise as the vein they chose on my right arm was a deep one after beibng unsuccessful on the left one. You cannot truly see the damage in the photo but in person it looks awful as I'm rosy skinned.
The appt at the Fertility Clinic went well today.
After reeling off ALL my menstrual history from the month I started my periods 15 years ago to ultrasound dates back when I was in my late teens for PCOS. DH was astounded I could remember it all lol.
I'm to have all the baseline hormone bloods again. 21,28 & 35 bloods and DH takes his sample in on the 29th.
I was happy as she seemed so literate about it all, unlike my GP who was using guess work to discuss our issues.
One thing I've been told that as my BMI is 36 shockedshocked I have to lose a good deal of weight. She said that being obese results in a 60% risk of MC.. a fact I was never told. She was much more supportive and positive than the GP though.
That it me hard though, and like the visit to the DR a few weeks back I came out thinking I was to blame for it.
She understands that I have a physically demanding job on shift work and was actually happy with my current excercise routine. She's told me to now concentrate on my food intake. 3 stone is my target - a tall order but determination should get me there and if it's going to help my chances of falling PG again then I'm going to do my best.
One thing she did say is that the HPT's I did in Feb that I thought were BFP's had no alternative but to be just that. 5 tests cannot show false pos's and the HCG level 1 got could of been right as after a chem PG it drops rapidly. DH and I both said that we prefer to think we were not PG for our emotional state of mind.
Also, because I have actually been PG before, then they won't do physical tests/exams and check my tubes unitl it's 18 months since my last PG which means next Feb and if we've not conceived by then they'll go further.I'm happy they've started the ball rolling though.

YAY for a great Fertility Clinic visit today! It sounds like you have a great plan (a boy do I LOVE those)!!!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness I can't believe how bruised you are. That is great that you are a blood donor, but that looks terribly painful!
BTW, I gave you an award over on my blog! Go check it out!!!
I'm glad to hear that you are getting some good advice and help now. I hope this makes a huge difference for you, good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you love your new doctor! It's so wonderful to be taken seriously.
ReplyDeleteI wish you so much luck with the weight loss. For me, it was very motivating to hear from my doctor that "yes, losing 5 or 10 pounds could help." I hope you're able to use that motivation to achieve the goal. It's so hard, but so worth it!!