.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 21 July 2010

There's a good boy!

Yesterday I headed to see the MW for my 36wk appt.

After much prodding and poking he advised that unfortunately, Yokie was still breech and was engaged. She was sure about this so off we trudged to the ADU.
I inisted on nipping home first to collect my hospital bag. Husband thought this a little odd but I'd rather have it in the car just in case.

After an hours' wait in the stifling hot waiting room (NHS doesn't do air con) we were called in the assessment room where another midwife had a good feel. I also allowed a young work experience girl cop a feel of my pubic bone because I'm just that kind.
What came out of her mouth next was met with a mixture of relief and annoyance.

Yokie is indeed HEAD DOWN and 4/5 engaged. No doubt about it as the scan confirmed a big noggin nesting nicely in my business. What a good boy he is!

I explained what my community midwife had said and her response was "There is no way he has turned in the 2 hours since you saw her".

So at this point I'm happy he has turned and I am looking at a natural labour which is whatg I want so much. However, the fact that he is destined to be born toddle size doesn't seem to bother anyone in the medical profession. The hospital advised me to see my midwife and when I called her this morning she said unless the hospital are concerned, she'll see me in 2 weeks. I'll be 38 weeks by then. It worries me a little that they seem so blase about it. I measured 40cm yesterday.. meaning I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead but no one seems to give a damn.

What to do?

The BH are a strong as ever now. I have kept an eye on them over the last 3 days and at times (esp in the last hour) they come every 5 minutes. Not painful but they can take my breath away. Let's hope this is my body giving itself a stern talking to!

1 comment:

  1. Was this the evil mid-wife or the good mid-wife? Totally sounds like evil midwife move to me!

    And ouch. Just ouch. I hope he moves out on his own very soon now that you've reached 36wks.

    ReplyDelete