I was going to take a picture of the ever growing belly but I just dropped the camera and now the blasted thing won't work. Marvellous.
35 wk appt today was not, it has to be said very good:
BP: Up from last week to 120/80. Not high you might think but it was 110/64 last week.
Urine: White cells detected - infection inevitable so I hae to send a sample off tomorrow
FH: 39 - Yes you read right, 39. So here's the dillio:
I am measuring big still and last weeks' scan confirmed he isa big lad. Today the MW confirmed he is still breech and has told me frankly that if he continues on this groeth trend then by 39 weeks he'll be est 10.5 - 10.8lbs. My lady bits have gone into shut down but hey it's ok because you know why? She was blunt and honest and said I need to prepare myself for an elective C Section. She says there is no way the hospital will let me attempt to deliver naturally when he is breech and big to boot.
She admitted the chances of him turning are slim given the lack of room and even the ELC has a small chance of succes for the same reason.
I am not happy. I know I have to accept this and I know mine and the babys' health is paramount but 5 years since starting TTC and a miscarriage later to be told I'm unlikely to deliver naturally? It stinks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry to hear that you will probably have to have a c-section. :( I agree that yours and the baby's safety are the most important things but I can understand being disappointed.
ReplyDeleteGlad that everything else seems to be in good shape though! (Blood pressure can be such a bugger!!)
It does sound like a c-section is going to be hard for you to avoid, but honestly - I'd rather know upfront than go through labor and end up with a c-section without being prepared. That doesn't mean it's not a hard adjustment to make mentally though.
ReplyDeleteAnd it does stink!
Frank breech is a tough one... had a friend whose big baby was Frank and she was disappointed too. But as Mrs. H said above, at least you will have time to mentally prepare. If it's any consolation my friend had a successful VBAC with her second babe!
ReplyDelete