So some of you are aware that a couple of years back I suffered a lot of verbal grief from some ladies who I never knew read my blog. I know now how they got wind of it but that's another story.
I had to re-locate my blog and it's here where I settled. I never knew those in the virtual land could be so horrid but hey, that's life.
On Sunday I received a message via F.acebook from a long term and close friend. This is one of the friends who offically witnessed my marriage. A friend I've known for 18 years. We met n the very first day of high school and clicked right way.
This message contained words I never thought I would hear from this friend. She has left me flabbergasted and devasted with the following words:
"It's only right that we should go our seperate ways"
Now, last year her fiance decided that as he knew our dark little secret that we were not allowed to attend their engagement party unless we spilled the beans. Not a chance so I missed out on that party.
Now, my friend tells me in this message (on a social networking site no less) that they believe they know the truth and for that reason, she wants to end the friendship. Just like that.
No phone call, or letter explaining what she knows (if she does indeed know) and seeking answers/explanations from me. All I got was an announcment that she has distance herself from me for this reason. This explains why she never acknowledged Olivers birth back in August. I never got so much as a card or text message.
So it is now, that I am a friend down. A friend who is throwing away 18 years of fun, sadness, laughter and support.
I am deeply upset and although I could fully appreciate if she were to announce she never wants to be in the same room as Husband again, her ignorance and inability stand up to her fiance means I have lost what I thought was a true friend.
I've tried to call her - No reply. Tried to text - No reply. She lives 150 miles away so I can't just nip over and seek clarity.
Now, my best friend N turns 30 this month and to celebrate I'm travelling to see her and spend the day at the spa. She had invited me, our friend J and the above. Suffice to say it's all gone a bit pear shaped as the above won't attend because I'm going. She's question do I "have to go?". No I don't have to go but N is my brest friend. Has been for 25 years and I'll be damned if this day will be ruined for her.
If I shut my eyes.. I'm back in high school and the longest bitchfight is about the start.
On a lighter note? Oliver has a tooth. That tooth is razor sharp and causing him mucho grief but oh how I smiled when I saw it! My baby is growing so fast!
Tuesday, 8 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Totally her loss. I'm so sorry. It stinks to lose a long standing friend for any reason.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry. I have felt that sting of being dumped by a friend and it hurts a lot. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteThat stinks! I agree with Mrs. Higrens--her loss big time!! Yay for Oliver getting a tooth! Happy 1rst Valentine's Day Oliver! And to Mum and Dad ;-)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear this. But you do have the cutest baby ever, she doesn't!
ReplyDelete