.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Reasons to be un-toned: Part 1

I am, it must be said of the large persuasion. I'm the same weight I was when I conceived Oliver but somehow this weight has been distributed elsewhere on my body.
I've gone up a size on my bottom half whereas I remain the same up top. So it is with this that I say I cannot fit into ANY trousers I wore. I'm still in leggings in Maternity jeans.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not stuffing my face each day (as the weight shows) but I just cannot tone myself up.
My weeks consist of the following:

  • Monday: Walk to the local Supermarket to pick up anything I forgot to order online - 3 miles
  • Tuesday: Walk to messy play with Oliver then stop at a friends for a cuppa - 2.5 miles
  • Tuesday: Walk to Zumba and spend an hour going mad to mad music then walk home - 4 miles
  • Weds: Walk (swiftly) with friend to baby group - 2 miles
  • Thurs: Walk to boobie group* and back again - 2 miles
  • Thurs: Repeat above Zumba routine - 4 miles
  • Friday: Walk to whoevers turn it is to host tea & cake - average 2 miles
  • Sat/Sun: stroll to park to feed ducks/shop for bread etc - average 2 miles
So you see, my week is not spent on my derrier watching daytime tv and scoffing Gr.eggs sausage rolls. I am active.
However, this is doing bugger all for my body shape. Now I know we all change to some degree post birth but c'mon.

Aside from joining the gym (which we cannot afford right now) I am at a loss. I have various fitness DVD's at home but I rarely find the time to scratch my own arse let alone spend an hour trying to follow some spandex clad 18 year old on the tv.

*Yes I am a fraudster who attends boobie group. However, I am the expressing guru and besides, they need to make up the numbers as only 6 attend. They also make me a good cuppa!

In other news, Olivers teeth continue to sprout... rapidly. They are like razors and each time I administor the teething gel I fear I'll retract a bloody stump. He clamps down very hard.
He wakes in the night sometimes in pain and I often find him chewing his fist so I've decided that now I've tried ALL the medical options, I'm going to give the Amber anklet a whirl. I'm skeptical because I'll be honest but I'm clutching straws now as the poor little mite is struggling. Besides, my chin is starting to resemble Clapham Junction with all the scrapes from his knawing.

See? Teeth!



He continues to abuse his Jum.peroo which results in bruises on my thighs. He was a Jack in the Box in his former life.
His weight is improving too. He gained 2lb in 4 weeks and is now back on the 50th centile so I'm a happy. He's perfect and (touch wood) it stays that way. His immune system is top notch given he's failed to catch ANYTHING Husband and I have had, even at 2 weeks old when I was fully of the snot.

The visit from the inlaws passed well. They stayed 5 nights which I was a little antsy about but it went ok. They got plenty of time with Oliver and were upset to leave. They'll be back soon, I know it!

2 comments:

  1. Way to grow Oliver! I'm glad you made it through the visit with the in laws. The weight loss thing is an issue for me as well. What little down time I do have I would rather spend sleeping or I'm doing things I need to do. I still wear my maternity pants also. I say all in due time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Oliver on his teeth! I have chin hickeys myself. It is very attractive.

    Perhaps all the walking is leading towards extra muscular legs and thus the size issue? At least it makes for a reasonably good excuse...

    ReplyDelete