
Oliver is asleep and for this time of day let me tell you that is rare! So I'm grabbing the chance to blog.
We still have colic issues. Don't get me wrong, it's not so bad that he is screaming and withering in my arms at all hours but he is uncomfortable still and the Inf.acol seems to be wearing a bit thin.
One thing husband and I have noticed is that he always strains/grunts when he wakes in the night/morning. Not so much upon waking in the day and let me tell you, it's pretty hard to get back to sleep when I have him grunting loudly a foot from my bed. It is al though he is always struggling to fill his nappy. He is not constipated, trust me! but the grunting makes it sound like he is.
We took a walk to the health visitor yesterday. This walk is rather pleasent and only takes 15 minutes.
We arrived, grabbed a number (free for all Friday) and I got him undressed on my lap, something I haven't got the hang of mainly due to being only 5'3" and having a 29 inside leg. We got called and I put him on the scales butt naked and expecting him to scream bloody murder/pee/crap or all three but he did nothing. Just lay there gaxing at the HV.
9lb 4oz folks. That's a gain of 12oz in 10 days - No wonder his sleepsuits are getting rather snug!
We got dressed again - where he cordially farted so loud the room fell quiet - and made our way home.
The afternoon was then filled with tears (mainly mine) and screams (his) as he would NOT settle. He went from 12pm til 7pm on about an hour of sleep. At one point I was beginning to get frustrated so I put him down and went to make a cup of tea.. him still screaming. It is awful to leave a baby in that state but EVERYONE has told me to walk away when it gets too tough so I did. I had a good sob in the kitchen and got some odd looks from the dog, text husband to say I couldn't take much more and asked him to come home after work instead of going out for a drink to celebrate his co workers' birthday.
At 7m he walked in the door, I was upstairs with a freshly fed and changed baby (still unsettles albeit not crying) and when I saw him I promptly burst into tears.
I never expected looking after an infant to be easy, I'm not that naive but it is hard. I walk away to make lunch (at random times of the day) and it's like Oliver senses I'm about to do something that does not involve him. I can't even go upstairs to pee without a winge.
And on that note, he is stirring and I'm anticipating the crying game to begin all over again.

Oh, sweetie! I'm sorry he's having such problems with his belly and settling! It is hard, and sometimes walking away is the only thing you can do. I remember those moments peeing for the first time at noon because I would forget I had to, or eating at 3 pm because I just had no break. Hang in there, better times will come.
ReplyDelete(very cute sleep sack!)
And as I was mid-way through reading this post my Little One decided to start crying...you think it is a conspiracy?
ReplyDelete