Monday marks the 27 week milestone. 27 weeks folks! I'm certainly feeling it right now and the gumf that follows goes into detail:
Firstly I promised an update with my new hair do and never got round to it so here's a snap at 25 week with the new 'do'.

It's a lot shorter than it was albeit the shot doesn't really show it much. I am happy with it as I've always preferred the shorter hair. Husband loves long hair but I'm pregnant and hormonal so I win. In response he has brought a box of hair dye - Post box red. I prefer him ging au naturel but he's playing silly beggers.
It's been pretty hectic around these parts over the last few weeks. Last weekend we took Tessa to my parents which was a 2 hr drive, then came home and went to a friends' wedding reception. The following day (Sunday) we got up at 5am and drove 9hrs to the Scottish Highlands for our last break before Yokie makes an appearance. It did us both the world of good and we got some decent weather:

And some not so decent weather:

Yes it snowed on the first night we were there and again the next day. Not enough to settle but enough to make me do a double take when looking out the window. Snow in May? It's certainly a first for me.
Anyway we had a relaxing (as always) week up there and mooched about. I had far too many cream teas but hey, it's last that'll happen for a while eh? We also went to the north east coast where the weather was kind to us and it was warm enough to go coat-less. I made sure there was proof:

It was good to see my aunt and uncle again too. My aunt was fussing endlessly and ensured I was eating right (apart from when I was stuffing cream scones down my throat). I managed to slip down the stairs whilst there but it was only the last 2 steps and I landed on my behind. No pain/damage and Yokie was not bothered.. Husband on the other hand was not convinced until I had to sternly advise him after the 50th time of him asking that I was indeed ok.
Speaking of Yokie and husband, he finally managed to feel Yokie move whilst we were in Scotland!
We were chilling out after dinner and I could feel Yokie squirming and when I pressed my belly near my lower right ribs I felt big movements and grabbed husbands' hand so he could feel it too. By the look on the mans' face you'd of thought Christmas had come early!
Since that night, Yokie gets his groove on so often that I can hardly concentrate on anyting else. We have established that he likes my right ribs, but protests if I lay on mty right side at night as he goes bananas as if he's trying to break out.
I was told at my 20 week scan that my Placenta in anterior.. maybe it has shifted somewhat and that is why I can feel all of Yokies' movements all of a sudden? To watch my belly jiggle like it's got a nervous twitch is rather amusing I must say but I am still not impressed with the bladder jabs.
So all in all, things are good. I ma becoming increasingly more tired lately and as I approach the 3rd trimester I can feel my whole body changing more. I shall endeavor to get a 27 wk belly shot done in the week!

Glad things are going well for you. I hope the drama continues to stay far, far away!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! I like your new do :-) That is so cool he got to feel Yokie!
ReplyDelete