
Today Husband and I took advantage of the Bank Holiday and ventured out to the shops. We've been after one particular item for a few weeks now. A friend mentioned that the 'Every little helps' store was selling the complete Tommy Tippee sterilising set for only £25 so last week we searched 3 stores for it only to come away empty handed. The deal was only on in store so we were stuck. However, I heard of the same kit being sold for £55 (instead of the usual £120) in Babies R Us so we nipped there today and picked it up. Here's what we got:

I can't believe what was in this box!
4 x early feed bottles
6 x Standard bottles
Formula measuring cups
Bottle Warmer
Steriliser (can hold 6 bottles)
Cleaning set (brush, wipes etc)
4 x Teats
I am very happy with this purchase. I also grabbed some muslin squares that were reduced to £4 for 8. Me loves a bargain!
We then headed towards the inlaws as it is MIL's birthday today and I was presented with a huge sack containing brand new clothes, mostly vests and sleepsuits which is good. There were also socks, scratch mits, hats and a bag of knitted cardigans that MIL has spent time on. I tell you folks this child will want for nothing!
MIL is also working on a pram blanket and I have to say it is simly beautiful. I cannot wait to show you all. It's a lovely ivory colour. MIL is very talented.
So thus far we have the following:
Bouncy chair
Baby carrier/sling
Nappy Bin (Genie?)
Complete feeding equipment (I do plan to BF, this is back up and support)
3 months supply wipes (that's what the box says?!)
Breast pump
Muslins
Vests and Sleepsuits
Cardigans for cooler days
Couple of proper outfits
Socks
Scratch mits
Hats
We are certainly getting there. The small room is being cleared out on Weds for husband to transfer the office into so that baby has the second room. We will be heading to buy the nursery furniture in June so we have a few months to get the room painted. However, we can't decide on nursery bedding. The set I love is not available in the UK (Well it is, if I'm prepared to ay over £100 shiping/customs from the US) so I've been searching and found this set:
http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/homeware/nursery/12
http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/homeware/nursery/11
It's also a resonable price. I won't go nuts and get the lamps/wall decorations but the bedding, mobile and curtains are great.. your thoughts?
I can't believe I am thinking about our babys' nursery! I guess being 21 weeks has sunk in!

Wow, you are so much ahead of us!
ReplyDeleteThe bedding set is very cute - I love the colors, so soothing.
You're looking rounder and rounder, but only in the best of ways!
It's all SO EXCITING!!!!!! :) You are looking great!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that bedding set is SO cute. Love it. And you look adorable!
ReplyDelete"Muslin" is getting lost in translation for me... is that burping cloth?
Yes, muslins are birthing cloths. I often wonder why we have different names for so many things. Nappies/diapers etc
ReplyDeleteAww purchasing and looking for baby stuff is so exciting! Liking that baby bump =)
ReplyDelete