.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 2 March 2010

How to shoot your midwife down in flames

Oh dear

It seems I have upset my midwife.

I went for my 16 weeks appt this morning. Routine I thought given the hospital told me to book it and my NHS book states I should have one but she said it shouldn't be until 18 weeks so why was I there?!
I explained the above and she replied 'oh well you're here now' - Charming.

She had come rushing in after being at an appointment off site and would not even unpack her gear.. so unorganised!

Then after rushing the appt she listened to baby's HB and got shot down in flames when I said DH and I had already heard it via a doppler. She was not impressed and felt it her need to rant about why midwifes tell women to avoid them.
Then she had the cheek to ask if I was sure it was baby's and not my HB I'd heard. I casually said that if it were mine I'd be in the hospital right now.

When she saw my notes she asked why was I consultant led.. was it due to my weight? Stupid woman.. check my notes!

I'm really not keen on her and I think I might struggle to keep my mouth closed if I get anymore comments/remarks again from her.

All in all I wasn't happy when I came out. hey ho. Only 4 weeks til our 20 week scan!

No comments:

Post a Comment