.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, 25 March 2011

Pain all round

Wow time has really flown of late. I didn't realise it was long since I've blogged.

I still have no job. The inteview I attended for the well known coffee chain seems to have discipated into thin air. I was told to expect a yay or nay by Friday 11th March but it's now 25th and I've heard diddly squat. Very unprofessional in my book and leaving me to teeter whether I have a job or not for 2 weeks is not on.

I've a few more interviews lined up but my confidence has taken a major bashing lately.
Oliver has a place set up in nursery so it's case of getting the job then starting him there. We simply cannot afford to have him there whilst I am not working. My last Stat Mat pay came this month so now we're out. No more income from my side. Scary stuff.

Speaking of the little Scamp,




Tooth number 3 is making an appearance. A top front tooth. Oh how this tooth is causing him trouble. The poor boy has been in agony for days now. I'm taking out shares in T.eetha given the doses of late. Today he chomped on my finger for a moment and bit so hard he drew blood. Ouch! He was non too happy when I shouted out in pain.

The weather here in Blighty has been wonderful int he last week or so, reaching 18 degrees C yesterday. On Tuesday we took Oliver on his first trip to the beach:



It's only a 45 min drive and being mid week it was lovely and quiet. He is a fan of sand. Sadly the tide was out way too far to walk down to so we made do with sand and of course the obligatory ice cream:



He is also now rolling over on his changing mat. This is a pain in the backend for changing so Husband will be taking the changing tray from this unit he's clambering on and he'll be changed on the floor. Not the easiest way of changing him for me when my back plays up. My worries of him falling off were almost realised this morning when he decided that Kamikaze should of been his middle name:

"Mission today: make getting dressed as tricky as possible"





The finished product.. 10 minutes later!




It certainly makes getting dressed wach morning a struggle. However, he STILL hasn't managed to master rolling back again from his front. I will say though that he is almost at the crawl stage. He shuffles backwards and lunges forwards so it's only a matter of time.

I can't believe he is 7 months. Wow!

As for me, my health has taken a slight dip. Nothing to worry about but I am due to go for surgery in April. It is a delicate op to remove the sever scar tissue that has formed where my 3rd degree tear occured. The Gynae was called last week during my routine physio and his diagnosis was that it's too severe to leave. I will say it is having an impact on the itimacy between Husband and I. It has a lot to do with mind over matter too but it's very very uncomfortable when pressure is applied so I'm to go under the knife. It will be a general anestheasia which is my preference as I'm nervous enough about the op as it is so being awake and knowing what's going on 'down there' doesn't appeal. However, I have a slight fear of not waking fom a general. This will be my first.
Hopefully, within 6-8 weeks post op things will be right as rain again.

Oh and to finish, Zumba! It's my new obsession. I love it.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh that face. So adorable. Can you buy amber teething necklaces over there? I think M's has helped a bit. Though we still often break out the ibuprofen at bedtime.

    Good luck w surgery... I hope that helps. And good luck with the job hunt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup he has an Amber anklet. Has been wearing it for 4 weeks.. with no noticeable results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope things get better with finding a job. This economy blows. Yay for another tooth! Boo for it hurting Oliver! The ice cream looks yummy and the beach looks amazing ;-) I hope your surgery goes well too!

    ReplyDelete